GDT: Pittsburgh at Detroit, 7:30pm

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
giphy.gif

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Real talk though... Did Eddie pass out from the hatred rising up in his heart? Because he didn't seem to actually talk after they called the goal a good goal.
He's contemplating a future where the Red Wings are good again. Tonight scared the crap out of him. He thought he had at least a couple more years of mediocrity.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Should be a great game on Saturday against the Sens. We still need to tighten up on the back end though. Scoring isn't the issue. If it wasn't for Husso in the 3rd we may choked.
I got revenge on my mind for Saturday. The Wings owe them not just one but a few.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
Are they really spending all their analyzing the game time talking about how good the Pens were at interference in the process of losing? Clowns

Stony Curtis

Sep 21, 2018
Bbvvnn
Wouldn't surprise me if they're doing exactly that right now.

Olczyk: Did you see that shot by Karlsson? And the way Malkin kept up the intensity?

Stage hand: Guys, turn off the lights when you leave...
Amd have someone mop really well.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
The Pens are very top heavy right now. Their third and fourth lines are non existent. We are deeper than them.

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
I get they've been a big team the last 15+ years and got a marque player with Crosby Pittsburgh, but god could TNT lick their butthole anymore last night jeez. You can at least try and care about the other team playing the hockey game.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I get they've been a big team the last 15+ years and got a marque player with Crosby Pittsburgh, but god could TNT lick their butthole anymore last night jeez. You can at least try and care about the other team playing the hockey game.
In general I'd prefer coverage of just calling the game as it happens, and laying off the admiration of either side. But yeah, it wasn't exactly subtle with the Penguins R Us crew last night.

EDIT: On the positive side, the TSN recap included some direct praise of the Wings from Pittsburgh's coach:

"I think they’ve got a good team," Sullivan said. "Some of their young players are starting to emerge and they’ve added some veteran guys that are impactful players, like [Alex] DeBrincat. They’re a tough opponent. They’ve got a lot of speed in their lineup."

Reactions: dj4aces

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Good thing Yzerman kept the pocket-book tight like everyone wanted and signed place holders so we could get another top draft pick. ;)

Seriously though, posters around here going to get upset about the draft soon if they aren't already. Start saying weird stuff to justify their thoughts.

" Why make the playoffs when we don't have a shot!?! "
" I want to be a contender for years not just a playoff team. "
" One more year of tank. "
" Yzerman spent the money wrong this summer. "
" We wont win without a Super star. "
" Chiarot sucks, ruined the team/Edvinsson. "
" Joe Veleno deserves more ice time. "
" Filip Zadina should have gotten more time here. "

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
That's the Olczyk factor. He should be banned from calling Blackhawks or Penguins games on a national broadcast. The guy is more of a homer than a local broadcast crew. He's the one who kept complaining about the Wings "subtle interference" for years.

Even for him the portion of the game I saw was particularly bad. The most hilariously bad moment is when the Wings scored the first empty netter. There is literally several seconds of total silence from the broadcast crew.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
That's the Olczyk factor. He should be banned from calling Blackhawks or Penguins games on a national broadcast. The guy is more of a homer than a local broadcast crew. He's the one who kept complaining about the Wings "subtle interference" for years.

Even for him the portion of the game I saw was particularly bad. The most hilariously bad moment is when the Wings scored the first empty netter. There is literally several seconds of total silence from the broadcast crew.
Probably had to take the time to spit feathers out of their mouths.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad