May there be a lot of this:

8_nhl_hockey_redwings.jpg

Followed by a lot of this:

penguins-lose-pens-lose.gif

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
So it's possible we have two decent goalies, based on the first few games, and an interesting thing about them is their contrasting styles. I wanted to run this thought past you guys, see if I'm off-base.

Husso seems a little like a poor man's Hasek -- athletic, mobile, will stop some shots that seem unstoppable, but might get out of position resulting in a weak one.

Reimer seems like a poor man's Lundqvist, where he's more calm in net, usually in the right spot, not as athletic or mobile, but more likely to be in the right spot for the puck to hit him in the chest when an unexpected deflection comes through traffic from the blue line.

Does that seem right?

So does that contrast give Derek Lalonde one more lever to try, to optimize personnel for a given opponent?

And if so, which goalie would be the better choice against these foul fowl?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hockey Night in Michigan let's go probably going to have to nhl66 this one boys

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
If we end up winning tonight I wonder how many games it will take before people start talking like the Wings are somewhat legit this year.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Gotta do more than just beat an aging penguins team whose average age is 30.8, the oldest in the NHL.
Held their own with Jersey who has a decent team, the Lightning are still relevant and shut out Columbus. Sample size but first time in a long time I have watched games and actually had confidence watching.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad