Pittsburgh´s "depleted" blueline.

useless

Feb 2, 2011
I always like watching young players get some minutes together at this time of year.

aloonda*

if you need true veteran presence---

may I offer you

alex goligoski

master of hockey defense

images

send us back something or another please

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I like seeing the young talent but 20 shots against so far in the first period against an offensively inept Florida team. Can definitely tell it's an inexperienced d corps.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
what happened to maatta? i thought he was recovering well

With the way the Penguins are with injury information I don't expect that we'll ever know the full story, but it appears the shoulder surgery didn't work/didn't work well enough. How big of an issue that is is anyone's guess, but I'm not expecting to see him for a good while.

That said, this is the Penguins...he could just randomly appear in a game in a week before falling victim to Lupus or Elephantiasis.

The Pens definitely have missed a beat tonight, this is a ton of shots against...but the quality chances have been kept to a minimum and there haven't been any notable gaffes.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
As mentioned numerous times, the Jets wish they had luck this rotten. Top 4 dmen all out for multiple months each. Top 3 dmen on their farm team all injured as well.

Pittsburgh's problems are not even significant relative to that.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
This thread wasn´t made for the sake of seeking an excuse.. Pens young blueline is very interesting even with 4 significant injuries, that´s why it was made.

That said, Dumoulin & Scuderi looked bad tonight but Fleury saved them so many times. Letang, Despres, Harrington and Pouliot were impressive.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
As mentioned numerous times, the Jets wish they had luck this rotten. Top 4 dmen all out for multiple months each. Top 3 dmen on their farm team all injured as well.

Pittsburgh's problems are not even significant relative to that.

You act like Pens fans don't know what your going through. We led the league last season with 500+ man games lost, this year we just loss a top 6 to a blood clot, several to mumps, a cancerous thyroid, and to top it off our young phenom dman's shoulder surgery seems to have failed possibly losing him for the season.

We sympathize with Jets fans. Injuries suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad