Confirmed Trade: [PIT/TOR] Kasperi Kapanen, Lindgren, Aberg for 2020 1st, Hallander, Warsofsky, Rodrigues

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
WHO ARE WE GETTING!??!?!?!?

Gonna miss your speed Kap, it would be a huge change in position for the organization if it was a goalie I highly doubt that is the case, it has to be a defenceman, that is our largest need and if you trade one of our only trade bits for something other than D you need to go Dub.

Unless you get a great D for Andersen?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Curious to what they give up. Kapanen is a solid player.

Also, you can trade during the Playoffs?
As soon as teams are out, they can make deals.
This is the fun part if hockey. Love trade stuff! Go Dubas Go!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
My guess: Kapanen for Murray + Bjugstad buyout
Andersen to Calgary or SJ

The revolving goalie door begins today

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Murray would make no sense. They have Andersen signed for next season, plus Campbell for 2 more.

Murray is going to command at least 4-5 million/year, which isnt something they can afford with paying Andersen 5/year. Unless theres another move to trade him, but that wouldnt make sense.

Reactions: Luckylarry

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
1. Murray was Dubas and Keefe's goalie in the OHL
2. Andersen is due for an extension next off-season, one they may not want to give him based on their lack of success
3. They've lost in the 1st round in every year with Andersen. I think he's definitely a better goalie than Murray, but they need to make changes.

Fun fact: so was Jack Campbell.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Meh didn't want to go because his speed is unique but he's not really an "untapped potential" type guy anymore, any chance he got to play in the top 6 he sewered his linemates. Good explosive bottom 6 guy to catch guys in the counter attack, frustrating but you'll like him.

No idea who Penguins have that will be a good return though.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Murray would make no sense. They have Andersen signed for next season, plus Campbell for 2 more.

Murray is going to command at least 4-5 million/year, which isnt something they can afford with paying Andersen 5/year. Unless theres another move to trade him, but that wouldnt make sense.

Unless they plan to move Andersen to a different team. Re-arrange the deck chairs a bit on that Titanic roster.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Can this trade be done today? I had no idea there was no trade freeze. Interesting.

If this refers to the annual trade deadline, it's not a trade freeze, it's the deadline a player has to be on your roster in order to be eligible for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad