Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] F Lars Eller signs with the Penguins (2 years, $2.45M AAV)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s fine as 4th liner and penalty killer.

He should be nobody’s idea of an ideal third line center these days. He’s passed that stage.

This AAV would’ve been a touch high but fine for one year. The Pens giving him 2 years at this price is an unqualified overpayment. But it is what it is - like many of the Pens deals today, it’s simply about trying to build up as much as possible for a couple more cracks at it.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
How bad does he suck now WSH & COL fans? Be honest
Caps fans were happy when he got moved bit some of that has to do with fans wanting minutes going to kids instead of a used up eller. Don't think he will wow anyone in pit but also isn't a dead contract just yet

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Can someone take away Dubas' phones?

Dubas on the  phones.jpg

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
You just signed the corpse of Lars Eller congrats! Prepare to watch him try to stickle handle through all five players in the other team and turn the puck over nearly every time. The 5% chance he does get past all five, he'll circle the net and turn the puck over. He really fell off a cliff after the cup run.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Good for Lars for sticking around and getting paid some more. He’ll be best if he’s your 4C and you let him PK. Anything more than that and he’ll get overwhelmed but you could do a lot worse than Lars as a 4C.

Doesn’t Pittsburgh already have two bottom six centers though in Carter and Acciari?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Good for Lars for sticking around and getting paid some more. He’ll be best if he’s your 4C and you let him PK. Anything more than that and he’ll get overwhelmed but you could do a lot worse than Lars as a 4C.

Doesn’t Pittsburgh already have two bottom six centers though in Carter and Acciari?
Dubas is collecting fourth line centers and bad goalies.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009

In his stint in Toronto, Acciari spent most of his time on wing. Flexible guy though, in that he's a right handed and can take a draw. I could see him having similar deployment in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
Habs fan here that got to watch him a ton.
Never been a fan of his game. Imo his positive reputation is (in big part) a product of a good Washington team/system. He’d be in Europe by now if he played for the the Yotes let’s say.
Harsh to say but that’s the reality.

Either way, wish him all the best in Pittsburgh. Always seemed like a good guy. Also could still respectfully contribute to some elements of the game.

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The least rough of Dubas' contracts today. It's an overpayment, but I was still pleasantly surprised by Eller's play in COL as the de facto 3C.

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
A whole lot. 4C at best.

And I say that as a big Eller fan, but his prime is over.
Trust me, when he was on the Habs, you wouldn't be able to find a greater fan of Lars Eller than me, but everyone ages out of the game. This deal isn't going to be pretty this year, let alone next.

Reactions: um

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
And they're apparently interested in Erik Karlsson? Gonna need to be some major movement coming if they wanna do anything
Really? Because big name trade rumors always go exactly where you predict so let's go ahead and feel the need to figure out this salary cap situation right now, today, and worry about it the rest of the off-season knowing that the move will be happening any day now!

Oh no! What will they do with the cap with this highly improbable rumor coming onto the books!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Didn't take Dubas much time getting into a Cap crunch. Ellers and Acciari. How many 4C's does a team need at 2+M per?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad