Proposal: Pit-Dal/Ana

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I thought it would make sense bc Anaheim needs goal scorers and they could pay him. Also, I see them competing next year and he’s very good in the playoffs. Plus there first this year will be top3 so they could draft another high end forward.

Dadanov is just a throw in for cap purposes mainly and Guentzel will most likely be healthy before the deadline.
Chances of us competing next year are pretty slim.... our defense will still be much too young. Wed need a hell of an offseason from PV.

If we want Guentzel itll be for picks or free agency... no reason to move a player like zegras. This would essentially be doing what the kings have done (PLD for Vilardi +)... we already commited to the rebuild just keep rebuilding.. and bring in free agents to put around the young players. Look for trades like the Bjorkstrand, Toews, Buchnevic etc style.

I don't think I've ever said this, but the fact you have an LA avatar but are a Ducks fan annoys the shit out of me every time I see it lol.
Lol the kings boards made it for me and i kinda forget about it until people mention it

Reactions: Gurglesons

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Johnston is untouchable.

We're not moving Bourque AND a 1st for a rental winger. Bourque likely isn't moving at all. An extension being in place just isn't realistic and won't happen.

Dallas doesn't need a LW, anyway. Robertson, Marchment, and Benn all still have term. We could use a RW, but our main priority should be a top 4 RHD.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Not comparable even the slightest bit.

Okay so Anaheim isn’t a good partner how do Dallas fans feel about it?
This Dallas fan says no. If we make a trade, all we need is a top 4 D, preferably right handed. For one of those, we might give up a first and one of our prime prospects, like Borque or Stankhoven.

Trading a 21 year old, 24 goal scorer for a 30 year old one doesn't make sense. Scorers start to decline at about 27 typically, and we can see that slightly in Jake, from 40 to 36, to 22 so far this year, in the position the Stars are in. We are so stacked in scoring forwards, and scoring by committee that I wouldn't reduce that depth to depend on one guy. Hey, we resurrected a 35 year old Pavs, and 33 year old Duchene, but I don't lightning strikes again for us.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Terrible proposal. Would be nice if people actually put some effort to seeing if the teams they want to trade with actually want the player they are trying to trade

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Dallas doesn’t need Geuntzel. Acquiring a LW is pretty low on the Stars list regardless of how good Guentz is. They need to move their assets for areas of need, such as acquiring a couple dman, or one really good.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
There have been a lot of awful Zegras proposals lately, but this one is definitely the worst. Congratulations, I guess.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Why would Anaheim trade zegras for a 30 year old that is heavily inflated stats by playing on a team with malkin and Crosby.
Fair point but the even bigger question is why Dallas would do this?

Guentzel (extended) for Wyatt Johnston+Dadanov+2nd or Bourque+Dadanov+1st

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
There was speculation Dallas passed on Kane, who was “free”, to prioritize defense so they probably aren't moving assets for someone making at least a million more. Offense isn’t a need.

Reactions: LT

Girthybowlofchili

Jan 17, 2024
With how well the Marchment-Duchene-Seguin line has played we’re not even in the market for a LW. Marchment and Robertson have been solid. We need one good RHD and that’s literally it. If we’re going to make a big move, it’ll be next year in the summer when we have money to blow. I don’t see any of our top 3 prospects being moved and after those three its a pretty big falloff.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Guentzel (extended) for Zegras+Lybushkin

Guentzel (extended) for Wyatt Johnston+Dadanov+2nd or Bourque+Dadanov+1st
No to the first one from the Pens.
Dallas says piss off more than likely for that 2nd deal, pretty sure Nill would hang up before Dubas finished saying Wyatt's full name.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Why would Anaheim trade zegras for a 30 year old that is heavily inflated stats by playing on a team with malkin and Crosby.
Elite player has points with elite players, which is exactly what you'd expect from elite players. Weird how that works huh?

I guess every single player that plays with Crosby, Matthews, McDavid, Eichel, Mack, etc are players that just have their numbers heavily inflated.

Hacks like Rantanen, Marner, etc. Hacks, the lot of them.

The fact that you can't even comprehend that Guentzel, actually has better numbers with Malkin, yet has been attached at the hip to Crosby and still has produced exceptionally well, is quite amusing. Meanwhile, Zegras has been crap with anyone this season and has injury issues all of a sudden, I don't care if Jake is on an expiring contract, that's an awful deal for the Pens.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Elite player has points with elite players, which is exactly what you'd expect from elite players. Weird how that works huh?

I guess every single player that plays with Crosby, Matthews, McDavid, Eichel, Mack, etc are players that just have their numbers heavily inflated.

Hacks like Rantanen, Marner, etc. Hacks, the lot of them.

The fact that you can't even comprehend that Guentzel, actually has better numbers with Malkin, yet has been attached at the hip to Crosby and still has produced exceptionally well, is quite amusing. Meanwhile, Zegras has been crap with anyone this season and has injury issues all of a sudden, I don't care if Jake is on an expiring contract, that's an awful deal for the Pens.
It’s fine cause Anaheim wouldn’t make they offer anyway.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Of course they wouldn't. Verbeek wants to be taken seriously, if he threw that offer out there and analysts found out, they'd laugh at him.
How many years do you think before Guentzel starts to decline? Ducks are not competing for a Cup in the next 3-4 years, they should be a playoff team, but the defense is still a while away (especially on the right side). Let's say that window starts in 3 years, that means paying big money to a 33 year old at the start of the window (not a problem) but then 4-5 more years of big money to a declining player into his 37-38 year old season. Pens fans are saying Crosby has severely declined at 36, Guentzel at his best is no where near what Crosby was at his best (not to mention the work Sid puts in that probably reduced his decline). Sending him to a team that has maybe 4 more years in their window makes more sense than a team that will start their window in 4 years.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Second Dallas deal is more likely than the first imo. Anaheim doesn't make sense as a trade partner given where they are in terms of their rebuilding.
I wouldn't do either of those, they're both horrible for Dallas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad