Confirmed Signing with Link: [PIT] Brian Boyle signs with the Penguins (1 year, $750k)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
He's always killed the Penguins, why not do it one more time?

I've always liked Boyle despite that, he's a hard guy to dislike. There are use cases in which I can see Boyle being beneficial to the Pens...I just don't trust Sullivan to use him that sparingly. As a 13th forward I like this; as a 12th forward I'd much rather have Zohorna. Don't make me hate him, Sully.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good for Boyle. Has always been one of my favorite players when he was in NY. Good to see him get another chance.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Not often a dude doesn’t play for a full season and then works his way back into the NHL so this is pretty cool that he’ll be back in the show.

Justin Williams and Mike Fisher are different situations as both were 40+ point players who decided to wait for a playoff run.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Would have preferred if he had actually earned his contract, but seeing as we all knew he was going to get a contract as soon as he got the PTO, is anyone really surprised. As long as he is below DOC and Simon in the depth, then fine. Unfortunately, I can't see the Pens taking Boyle out of the line-up now unless he royally sh!ts the bed

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
With no Malkin for a couple of months some extra depth at Centre is not a terrible thing.

Also I wonder if Crosby is ready to go right away as well.

It's not alot of money so if it doesn't work out no big deal but as a stopgap I'm not surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad