Confirmed with Link: Pirri and Nosek re-signed

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wow I was not expecting Pirri back. Guess he really likes Vegas/Chicago. Surprised he didn't get a better offer elsewhere.

and 1m for Nosek?? I thought they didn't qualify him to get a bigger discount...to sign Gusev.

Reactions: derriko

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
So Gusev will probably get a 3M offer, if we can get rid of Holden that is.

E: right, if Engo takes more than league min he'll get less than a 3M offer which is not a good offer.

Reactions: derriko

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
That's a lot of depth Cs in Vegas/Chicago. Brown, Pirri, Glass, Roy, Quinney, Duke then the rookies Jones/Leschyshyn...hmm. Elvenes, Kolesar, McKenzie (maybe Dugan) on the wings. Rondbjerg, maybe Cotter if he doesn't go back to junior. (and Zykov)

I think Pirri gets claimed if/when he is waived but still.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Nosek didn't get a QO, so he was an UFA.

Technically, but at the same time, the team publicized before the deadline that they had a deal and he would sign. I suppose he could have walked, but I don't think anyone expected him to do so.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Pirri is quite surprising, figured he would get a one-way deal somewhere and not have to worry about doing the AHL shuttle.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Pirri is quite surprising, figured he would get a one-way deal somewhere and not have to worry about doing the AHL shuttle.

Where does it say that his new contract is a two way contract? I'm just surprised because like he said before, he just want to play somewhere and the vegas forward depth is deep. This makes me a bit worried about Gusev.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Eakin or Gusev..... Tough one for us, but McGMs have a plan and they know the answer. It has to be one or the other and there is value in both guys. My guess is that the market for their respective talents will determine who is dealt.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think I always thought it was difficult to see how Eakin and Gusev would be on the team. I think Vegas needs to LTIR Clarkson, give up a pick to trade Holden and trade Eakin for not much in order to fit Gusev.

Pacioretty-Stastny-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Gusev-Glass-Tuch
Carrier-Roy/Quinney-Reaves
Nosek, Zykov, Pirri?

Pirri is a strange signing but at 775k I think it has no bearing on Gusev.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Where is the 'Goodby Pebbles' thread? :(
Edit: so this means the 4C spot is going to Nosek? Or one of the kids?

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think I always thought it was difficult to see how Eakin and Gusev would be on the team. I think Vegas needs to LTIR Clarkson, give up a pick to trade Holden and trade Eakin for not much in order to fit Gusev.

Pacioretty-Stastny-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Gusev-Glass-Tuch
Carrier-Roy/Quinney-Reaves
Nosek, Zykov, Pirri?

Pirri is a strange signing but at 775k I think it has no bearing on Gusev.

Patches Walnuts Stone
Marchy Karlsson Smitty
Gusev Glass Tuch
Carrier Nosek Roy
Reaves

Nosek can double shift on the 3rd line just in case - Gallant probably wouldn't trust Gusev with Glass yet (although Glass is very responsible defensively).

penalty killers:
Nosek-Stone
Karlsson-Smith
Stastny-Patches/Roy

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Patches Walnuts Stone
Marchy Karlsson Smitty
Gusev Glass Tuch
Carrier Nosek Roy
Reaves

Nosek can double shift on the 3rd line just in case - Gallant probably wouldn't trust Gusev with Glass yet (although Glass is very responsible defensively).

penalty killers:
Nosek-Stone
Karlsson-Smith
Stastny-Patches/Roy
Reaves won't be 13th forward. Either he's in the lineup or he is moved out. Also idk why people are so high on Roy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad