Value of: Pinto

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
The only way I see Sens trading Pinto is if he states that he has no desire to sign or a ridiculous overpayment.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
And he’s turned them down or what? That doesnt sound promising.

What about Greig?
What "intel" are you basing your theory on that he wants to leave? Are you pulling this from your butt, just hopeful as a Rangers fan, or what?

What makes you think what Pinto has said, what his father has tweeted, and the media info about discussions about multiple different options on contracts with varying terms is all just a bunch of smoke and mirrors? And also, I suppose it's worth noting that Ottawa has new ownership with deep pockets, and enough cap space next year to get Pinto's new contract done. The Senators have 8 more months to get this done.

It should be interesting to see "intel" (if we could call it that as I am using the term loosely) on this.

Good grief.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Don't even bother, dude. Sens aren't trading either one of these guys.
I was being facetious

I mean watch some of the interviews and podcasts. He loves it in Ottawa.

His dad, a Ranger fan, also puts the exact same hashtags on all of his tweets... Let's be real he's gonna be a Senator for a while, thankfully.

His dad tweets gosensgo! It must be true!

What "intel" are you basing your theory on that he wants to leave? Are you pulling this from your butt, just hopeful as a Rangers fan, or what?

What makes you think what Pinto has said, what his father has tweeted, and the media info about discussions about multiple different options on contracts with varying terms is all just a bunch of smoke and mirrors? And also, I suppose it's worth noting that Ottawa has new ownership with deep pockets, and enough cap space next year to get Pinto's new contract done. The Senators have 8 more months to get this done.

It should be interesting to see "intel" (if we could call it that as I am using the term loosely) on this.

Good grief.
holy moly who are you talking to? a lot of words here which do not correlate to anything I said

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
His value is on hold right now, until the second half is over. They’d make a big mistake if they moved him before the summer, if at all... If he keeps playing as he has been, his value will continue to rise, and he’s still not even in game shape yet, with his timing, etc..

Even back to last summer, his value around the league was much higher than people on this site would like to think. These big, skilled Cs don’t grow on trees. If he keeps producing, he’s getting more than he was asking for last summer, and there’s where they Sens start having decisions to make. Bridge him, or try locking him up???

The last regime had already decided on the core pieces moving forward. Just look at the contracts. Those could, and may end up reshuffled moving forward. They won’t have the cap to be 3 deep at C with huge contracts. Just like they won’t have the cap for 3 dmen getting big money.

At some point they’ll have to make a decision on Norris or Pinto, just like they’re likely making that decision on Chychrun/Chabot right now. Best case, he doesn’t blow up too much this second half, and they’re able to bridge him under $4 million. After that bridge, will come the big decision.

So they have some time to figure it out. Not so much on the Chychrun front. A decision it sounds like they may have already made, if they’re really listening to offers on him.

Every move they make now, has to not only bring more talent, but also those professional type, role players we’ve heard rumblings about.

The great part is, they already have the assets to move some things around and fill out their NHL roster, with those already mentioned, professional type players. They should have enough value to acquire those types, and also get some young talent to keep the funnel filled, and be a contender for the next 10 years.

Pinto will be one of those very important decisions moving forward. Right now though, just let him play, and get back on track.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ideally the Habs target someone like Pinto in a trade for our top 5 protected 1st and maybe a further addition.

Unless this is a draft day trade, any current trade creates too much uncertainly as to where a team like the Habs will land up. So any trade has to have further addition based on draft position. Given we just traded one of out 3 top 6 and a critical part of our centers, I doubt there is going to be any rise in the standings.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Ideally the Habs target someone like Pinto in a trade for our top 5 protected 1st and maybe a further addition.

Unless this is a draft day trade, any current trade creates too much uncertainly as to where a team like the Habs will land up. So any trade has to have further addition based on draft position. Given we just traded one of out 3 top 6 and a critical part of our centers, I doubt there is going to be any rise in the standings.
The rascally Habs aren't going to get their hands on Pinto!
It's more Norris as above mentioned or Chabot that may be available eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad