PiG's GM Game V1.0 Signup+Discussion

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Read the OP Completely, then reply to this thread or pm me which team you want. If you have any questions feel free to reply in this thread or pm them to me as well. This game WILL start once we have 20 GM's AND HFN and HYD's game is over, to get this game started finish HFN's and HYD's game by voting. It takes less then a minute.

RANDOMIZATION THREAD

[fieldset="Commissioners"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $85,000,000M
  • All teams MUST be under the salary cap by the trade deadline.
  • Use Armchair GM to calculate your Team's Cap.Although it may be a bit time-consuming considering you could have one player from every team in the league. If you want you could use the Fantasy Roster Calculator if you desire although I don't know how you would go about calculating FA's. I don't care how you do it as long as it's accurate and it's posted.
    [*] We will be using 2014-15 caphits. The only exception to this is IRL FA's (Not FA's after randomization) for example if you get PK Subban, just sign him to his 13-14 contract, which in this case would be $2,875,000.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Player Randomization"]
  • I will be using "Random.org/lists" basically you make a list however big then hit randomize and it puts it in a random order, try it yourself if you want.
  • I will make different lists and randomize them, I will create a "top 20" , "21-40" and then a "41 to 60" list using the best 20 players in the league and then the next best 20, ect. this rule is to guarantee everyone three star caliber players. After that it will be a free for all meaning you could get the worse player in the NHL or the 61st best. I will also create a top prospect list I have no idea how long it will be but we'll see. "Prospects" will be any player under 100 GP and any Goalie under 50 GP.
  • I will create a thread and randomize the 20 teams selected to create the "order" although the order really doesn't help you I just need a way of deciding one. The order will be straight just to keep things easy for myself.
  • Once we have 20 GM's I will create the thread I mentioned above and do the randomization.
[/fieldset]
[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • Teams will have 12 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • GMs can only claim 3 players off waivers at a time (for example claiming 6 players at once will not count)
  • If a player clears his cap hit will be off your cap
  • You may only waive a maximum of 5 players during the game.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • Trades do not have to be sent in
  • You do not need our approval before posting your trade. Just simply post it. However the league does have the right to reject the trade, for any reason.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it. After which the league will hold a meeting with the GMs involved and will approve or deny the change. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair but to make it less one sided.
  • You must post a roster full of team info before being allowed to trade
  • You may not make any trades until you post your roster. Any deals made before will be put on hold and will not be official until your roster is posted
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • You may only retain a max of 50% of a player's cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Re-signings and signings"]
  • Free agency could actually play a big part of this game, Once I randomize the player there will be left over players, they could all suck they could all be great who knows. But I'm willing to bet it will at least have some good players.
  • Once the randomization is done every left over player will be put into free agency, it will be a highest bidder wins format.
  • I will most likely be the agent for forwards and goalies but I will need someone to be the FA agent for defenseman. If you are the agent for defenseman but want to bid on a defenseman you will have to send me your offer. If you would like this job please PM me.
  • We will decide a time to close bidding, and to prevent sniping we will not update the free agency list after the last 5 minutes (I recommend you go as high as you're willing to if you really want this player).
  • Prospects that didn't get randomized on to a team will also become Free agents.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. Seriously, if you guys notice a GM being inactive PM me and I will look into it.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • If it's proven that you have not kept your roster updated through out the game then you will be automatically eliminated from the playoffs
  • Not keeping your roster updated is considered a sign of inactivity and if your roster is found to be significantly out of date then you will be fired .
  • If you are not active for longer then 48 hours without giving notice you will risk being fired
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET= New Voting System]
We will be using the voting system HYD introduced in his last game. Everybody knows that just because a team is better on paper doesn't mean it will win the cup. In our games, the best team on paper wins. Period. What if that didn't happen? Upsets are commonplace in hockey and all other competition in the world. In this game, we will vote normally for the regular season, and the method of playoff voting will not change. However:

Say Team A wins voting 6-2 over Team B. Instead if an instant win for Team A, the voting results will go into random.org list randomizer.

Whichever team is randomized to the top of the list win the series, try it out: https://www.random.org/lists/

I did it and the team that won voting got the victory, so no upset happened, but there will always be a chance! This also eliminates the tie problem we have.

[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Western Conference"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Eastern Conference"][/fieldset]

Last edited:

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Will every team be given 2 goalies? are they there own separate lists or mixed in with rest of players? just curios.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Will every team be given 2 goalies? are they there own separate lists or mixed in with rest of players? just curios.

Mixed in with the players. If you don't get two you will have to trade for some. You literally could get all forwards. It will add a dimension of having to trade for what you need. Or you could just sign one depending on who makes it to FA.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
nashville%20predators%2050%20logo.jpg

"Go large or go home." (A randomized roster is intriguing.)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I will be using "Random.org/lists" basically you make a list however big then hit randomize and it puts it in a random order, try it yourself if you want.
I think I will...

There were 20 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Tyler Seguin
Shea Weber
Evgeni Malkin
Ryan Getzlaf
Anze Kopitar
Tuuka Rask
Claude Giroux
Alex Ovechkin
Steven Stamkos
Taylor Hall
Erik Karlsson
Phil Kessel
Joe Pavelski
John Tavares
Sidney Crosby
Joe Thornton
Patrice Bergeron
Jonathan Toews
Patrick Marleau
Corey Perry

Timestamp: 2014-04-26 23:51:52 UTC

Feb 24, 2004
Thanks. I'll probably have some questions about how this works since it's my first one...

Attachments

• e4abiyzwrd0oggcfx23v7krww.gif
    e4abiyzwrd0oggcfx23v7krww.gif
    60.6 KB · Views: 0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad