PiG's GM Game V1.0 FA Thread

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
[fieldset="Free Agency"]
  • Free agency could actually play a big part of this game, Once I randomize the player there will be left over players, they could all suck they could all be great who knows. But I'm willing to bet it will at least have some good players.
  • ALL KHL players are in Free agency for example, Kovalchuk, Radulov, Burmistrov.
  • This will be an auction style FA
  • To bid on a player send me a pm with the following format: *Insert players name here* - *Insert your team name here* - *Insert your bid here* Please put this format in the title of your PM AND in the PM itself.
  • Near the end of FA I will decide the most bid on players they will go to open bidding in this thread. This is to prevent "Sniping".
  • Prospects that didn't get randomized on to a team will also become Free agents.
  • *ANY PLAYER YOU ACQUIRE VIA FREE AGENCY CANNOT BE TRADED*
[/fieldset]

Last edited:

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Alexander Barkov - 8m OPEN BID
Anton Khubodin - 500k - Sharks
Ilya Kovalchuk - 8m OPEN BID
Derick Brassard - 2m - Rangers
Brandon Sutter - 2m - Nashville
Alex Stalock - 2.4m - Nashville
Frederik Andersen - 3.6m OPEN BID
Patrick Marron - 1.5m - Nashville
Kevan Miller - 1m - Nashville
Danny Dekeyser - 2.5m - New Jersey
Tom Wilson - 1.5m - Edmonton
Matt Nieto - 1m - Nashville
Valeri Ninchuskin - 8m OPEN BID
Jordan Eberle 8m OPEN BID
Alexander Burmistrov - 1.5m - Rangers
Alexei Emelin - 500k - Rangers
Tyson Barrie - 3.6m - New Jersey
Ryan Murray - 5m OPEN BID
Ben Lovejoy - 500k - Rangers
Carl Soderberg - 1.5m - Rangers
Pascal Dupuis - 500k - Rangers
Mikael Granlund - 3.5m - Edmonton
Demko - 1m - Chicago
Zadarov - 2.1m - New Jersey
Zykov - 1m - Chicago
Bjorkstand - 1m - Chicago
Etem - 2.1m - New Jersey
Niederriter - 1m - Chicago
Coyle - 2.75m - Colorado
Silfverberg - 2m - Colorado
Grigorenko - 1.25m - New Jersey
Ryan Strome - 2.5m - Colorado
Palmieri - 800k - Colorado
Baertschi - 800k - Colorado
Sheahan - 800k - Colorado
Hartman - 800k - Colorado
Sproul - 800k - Colorado
Jurco - 800k - Colorado
Koekkoek - 800k - Colorado

Last edited:

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Yes, UFA IS OPEN! Send me all offers! also I forgot to mention a rule *ANY PLAYER YOU ACQUIRE VIA FREE AGENCY CANNOT BE TRADED*

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
is there a List of FA or are we to figure out for ourselves??
EITHER figure it out (contact your scouting dep't) OR wait to see the bids and then consider offering more for the player(s) being bid on.

its_not_rocket_science.jpg

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
EITHER figure it out (contact your scouting dep't) OR wait to see the bids and then consider offering more for the player(s) being bid on.

its_not_rocket_science.jpg

Thanks....

didn't want to go through and figure it out if PIG was gonna post a list, happy to do it myself just thought i'd ask.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
I sent in offers for 12 players and have a couple more that I could bid on later on.

Let the games begin

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Why can't we trade players we acquire?

So we dont have contenders give crazy contracts to rookies for trade bait and the rebuilders (with all that cap) won't sign high-end players to contracts the contending teams can't afford and trade them.

Feb 24, 2004
You post your bid on the thead. Others counter openly.

There are some good deals there. It'll be interesting to see how open bidding goes.

What are we bidding on? Free agents? I thought that's the whole point of this silent auction right now...

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
What are we bidding on? Free agents? I thought that's the whole point of this silent auction right now...

The most popular silent auction FAs go to open bidding, to prevent last minute PMs that "snipe" players away unfairly from other GMs.

In open bidding it is usually let's say from 7:00-7:30, however if a team makes a bid in the last five minutes the clock is extended 5 minutes from the last bid.

Feb 24, 2004
The most popular silent auction FAs go to open bidding, to prevent last minute PMs that "snipe" players away unfairly from other GMs.

In open bidding it is usually let's say from 7:00-7:30, however if a team makes a bid in the last five minutes the clock is extended 5 minutes from the last bid.

Got it. So why not just do the entire process open bidding?

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Got it. So why not just do the entire process open bidding?

Because it'd be tedious and crazy to have every single player down to the depth players in open bidding. Also, snipes are less likely on the depth players. Open bidding just makes things fairer and less hectic for the popular players.

Feb 24, 2004
Because it'd be tedious and crazy to have every single player down to the depth players in open bidding. Also, snipes are less likely on the depth players. Open bidding just makes things fairer and less hectic for the popular players.

Got it. Thanks!

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Alexander Barkov - 7m
Ilya Kovalchuk - 7m
Valeri Ninchuskin - 6m
Jordan Eberle 6m
How much higher will they go in a bidding war?

I recall last year Mikko Koivu went in open bidding for $ 12 M. Re-builders have the cap room to bid up the younger stars, but will they?

PriceIsGod

Jul 15, 2012
You know...
OPEN BIDDING:
- I will choose the top 6 players (Highest bid on/Best players/Most frequently bid on) they will go to open bidding.
- Open bidding will take place in this thread, I will name all 6 players once the FA deadline hits.
How it works:
- There will be a 30 minute time fram 8:00 to 8:30 in which you can bid in this thread on the players in open bidding
- If a player get's bid on from 8:26 - 8:30 the clock extends 5 minutes, for Example if a player get's bid on at 8:27 he can keep getting bid on until 8:33. If he get's bid on again (say 8:32) he get's another 5 minutes so it owuld go to 8:37. This will keep going until nobody bids and the 5 minutes expire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad