Speculation: Pietrangelo Discussion: Should we move on if he refuses an offer in the range of 8x$8.25m?

Should Pietrangelo be let go if he refuses an offer in the 8.25X8 range?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Who knows. Maybe he overplayed his hand and tried to squeeze out more from the Blues and it backfired.

Or maybe you are making stuff up to convince yourself this wasn't a horrid move.

Remember when the O'Reilly trade went down and a lot of Sabres fans were pissed but others were constantly trying to say they made out like bandits, even though most people could tell you it was a horrid move? I remember. I'm also watching it happen right now to us. Everyone is wondering what the hell we are doing except some people who are claiming this move was brilliant somehow.

Reactions: Vollie27

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
After watching the Army interview this was a player issue. The organization stuck its neck out way farther than what they were comfortable doing (signing bonuses and NMC) because of the player and the history but Petro was insistent. I am fine with it. If Petro didn’t wanna make it work with what they offered in the middle of a pandemic maybe he is better off somewhere else.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Or maybe you are making stuff up to convince yourself this wasn't a horrid move.

Remember when the O'Reilly trade went down and a lot of Sabres fans were pissed but others were constantly trying to say they made out like bandits, even though most people could tell you it was a horrid move? I remember. I'm also watching it happen right now to us. Everyone is wondering what the hell we are doing except some people who are claiming this move was brilliant somehow.

The ball was in Petro’s court. And still might be. If he wanted to return, he could have.

Reactions: mike1320

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
The ball was in Petro’s court. And still might be. If he wanted to return, he could have.

Bullshit.

And I loathe these "If he wanted to return, he could have!" takes. It's insane bullshit that assumes players should have loyalty to a team no matter what. According to basically every major reporter going Pietrangelo didn't consider the door closed on the Blues. And no matter what Army says in interviews, he closed it. Hard.

Reactions: Vollie27

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
The question is moot, now, and we have post-signing thoughts going on in three different threads (this one, the "Should Doug Armstrong Be Fired" thread, and the Krug signing thread.

Closing this thread so more people are sharing their thoughts in the same place.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad