Value of: Pierre Luc Dubois

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Looks like Blake is looking to trade PLD at the draft before his NMC kicks in.

Buy high! Sell low! It's the Rob Blake way!

In all fairness, selling low is the answer here, but it doesn't make Blake look good that he has to sell low on a guy he brought in to help the team long-term.

Cue the "LA - Montreal - Dubois for ???" trade threads.

• Haha
Reactions: YP44 and Lt Dan

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Looks like Blake is looking to trade PLD at the draft before his NMC kicks in.

Ah yes, just absolute top tier journalism from some dude that writes for a Leafs blog, syndicated on nhltraderumors.me

Reactions: Guitpik

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
How much of Dubois contract is Blake willing to retain?
contestant-amazed.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Eegs and YP44

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
If Flames trade Backlund to let him go chase a cup I wouldn't mind them taking on Dubois. He'd get plenty of ice time with limited pressure for a year anyway.

That being said I wouldn't want to give up much if anything.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If Flames trade Backlund to let him go chase a cup I wouldn't mind them taking on Dubois. He'd get plenty of ice time with limited pressure for a year anyway.

Have enough French Canadians in Calgary to make you feel right at home as a Calgarian.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Need the cup to be awarded before the 22nd of June

would not need to, hell if Calgary was taking full cap hit LA should add.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Need the cup to be awarded before the 22nd of June

would not need to, hell if Calgary was taking full cap hit LA should add.
I didn't watch too much LA but I didn't hate Dubois on Winnipeg. If all it costs is cap space I'd be interested

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Ooof. You want to have the 2 worst contracts in the league instead of just #1? Why not trade for Timo Meier and go for the #1, #2 and #3? Maybe Seth Jones, Nurse and Campbell.

The only way the Flames should trade for PLD is if Huberdeau is going the other way.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Ooof. You want to have the 2 worst contracts in the league instead of just #1? Why not trade for Timo Meier and go for the #1, #2 and #3? Maybe Seth Jones, Nurse and Campbell.

The only way the Flames should trade for PLD is if Huberdeau is going the other way.

As I said, the PLD from Winnipeg was worth 8.5M. Hell that could be a bargain in a few years. A year ago everyone thought LA won that trade.

I'm sure they'd do their due diligence. If they think he's just lazy then ya, don't make the trade. If they think LA isn't using him properly or it's a fixable problem then take a swing.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
As I said, the PLD from Winnipeg was worth 8.5M. Hell that could be a bargain in a few years. A year ago everyone thought LA won that trade.

I'm sure they'd do their due diligence. If they think he's just lazy then ya, don't make the trade. If they think LA isn't using him properly or it's a fixable problem then take a swing.

PLD from Winnipeg was NOT worth 8.5M. He may have become worth it with progression and a rising cap, but at his peak there he was big center who mostly produced on the PP and gave up as much as he earned 5v5.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017

PLD was nowhere near worth 8.5mil coming over from Winnipeg lol. Hes not even worth half his contract with the way he played this season.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Bond

May 10, 2012

Gross, I don't think LA could reasonably add enough to make me want that PLD contract. The trade reaction was also mixed at best.

PLD was nowhere near worth 8.5mil coming over from Winnipeg lol. Hes not even worth half his contract with the way he played this season.
He is falling for the trap Blake did, big center who looks like he could be a #1C if he just cared a bit more.

Reactions: Eegs

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

Huberdeau the year before he came here was worth 10.5M. Meier was worth 9M. Why would we even consider something like that without Huberdeau going the other way? Retirement contracts might have something to do with motivation. PLD wasn't terribly motivated before his retirement contract a lot of the time.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
How much of Dubois contract is Blake willing to retain?

The Kings should offer 25% retention to start. If Blake somehow manages to find a trade partner at the draft, he automatically is forgiven for making this trade to begin with.

Dubois at 6M I think some teams will bite.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
PLD from Winnipeg was NOT worth 8.5M. He may have become worth it with progression and a rising cap, but at his peak there he was big center who mostly produced on the PP and gave up as much as he earned 5v5.
I meant Winnipeg play and today's cap situation

8.5 is second liner money now. There's going to be some nutty contracts in the next year

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Huberdeau the year before he came here was worth 10.5M. Meier was worth 9M. Why would we even consider something like that without Huberdeau going the other way? Retirement contracts might have something to do with motivation. PLD wasn't terribly motivated before his retirement contract a lot of the time.

We're stuck with Huberdeau either way. If we could get rid of him I'm all for it but that's not going to happen.

Dubois is 25, not at all the same situation.

Bond

May 10, 2012
We're stuck with Huberdeau either way. If we could get rid of him I'm all for it but that's not going to happen.

Dubois is 25, not at all the same situation.
Why would the Flames want to commit to a long term contract right as they are bottoming out. Especially when they are already have Kadri locked up in the spot PLD would fill.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
The Kings should offer 25% retention to start. If Blake somehow manages to find a trade partner at the draft, he automatically is forgiven for making this trade to begin with.

Dubois at 6M I think some teams will bite.
Completely ignoring the money, there's no way that they will retain on that contract for SEVEN years (plus 1/3rd of their retention slots for that time (with the current CBA the retention is for the full contract only, you can't just do it for say, three years)).

'If' Blake is able to talk anyone into taking PLD, he's going to have to bring some putrid contracts back or offer some very nice sweeteners to go along with him.

/although I agree, some teams might bite at between $5-6 million

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Why would the Flames want to commit to a long term contract right as they are bottoming out. Especially when they are already have Kadri locked up in the spot PLD would fill.
I don't think they have any intention of bottoming out.

yeaher

May 3, 2019
I am going to laugh when he gets bought out and signs for nothing in Colorado and scores 50 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $145.00