Value of: Pierre Luc Dubois

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
No, i can't stay away and neither do you have a say in that. Use the ignore button.

The LA forum has a thread on him and he's universally persona non grata in that thread by LA fans.
Sure stay here then but be ready to have you shitty players bashed if you feel the right to bash others.
Gallagher lol will require multiple 1sts to get rid of. Washed up hobbit.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Nuclear level toxicity is exaggerating things beyond the actual reality. Fans are fueling each other right now and it's a bandwagon party out of control.

Kings will likely stay put and try to manage the situation better next year. Fun to chit chat about this situation right now however.
You seem more willing than most to give him yet another chance. He's asked out of how many teams now, is it 4 ? All 3 NHL teams (his play is basically a way of asking out of LA) and at least one junior team, as I recall.

If he's bought out I'd be ok with giving him a chance on 2 or 3 year contract, but there's no way Montreal should take on a red-flag-laden contract like his current one without sweeteners that make the trade nonsensical for LA.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
I'd be ok for the Habs to take on PLD for a 2-3 year contract on a lowball deal and see if they can fix his brain, they have a good mental performance coach.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'd be ok for the Habs to take on PLD for a 2-3 year contract on a lowball deal and see if they can fix his brain, they have a good mental performance coach.
No more than 3 years and no more than 3.5M AAV. And if he performs, no more than 2 year contracts after that.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
No more than 3 years and no more than 3.5M AAV. And if he performs, no more than 2 year contracts after that.
Yeh, because this wouldn't be outbid by 20 other GMs. Even Oilers would take him at that contract. That's like Foegele money.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
@bernmeister though I disagree with you SO god damn much every time I appreciate your commitment to the bit

Your participation in every Kings thread can be summed up in “I know they don’t want to but hear me out…Byfield”
I can only ask to be heard, and accurately on the positions I suggest, not out of context or = wrong.

One last time:
Ks should make best move here
best move = cost of actual buyout [seems to be later not sooner] vs other options
one option is move Byfield for 2 elites + full dump pld
whether or not that is best for LA depends basically on some guesstimate of
total upside of Byfield vs total upside of bern package

I have no ill will to Ks fans -- or Rs fans, or anyone else for that matter -- who disagree
esp since that part of the equation is subjective, not objective heavy.

Only request is lose the profanity.
Say any mo fo thing you want, just pls keep Him out of it.

Reactions: kevrondl

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You seem more willing than most to give him yet another chance. He's asked out of how many teams now, is it 4 ? All 3 NHL teams (his play is basically a way of asking out of LA) and at least one junior team, as I recall.

If he's bought out I'd be ok with giving him a chance on 2 or 3 year contract, but there's no way Montreal should take on a red-flag-laden contract like his current one without sweeteners that make the trade nonsensical for LA.
The only reasonable trade is if there is serious draft choices and/or prospect that comes along with him and then we buy him out.

Basically a backdoor means of buying prospects and/or draft choices.

I don't want his circus act anywhere near the habs locker room.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Blake can be forgiven somewhat for the Fiala trade(Fiala has performed well, and nobody saw Faber developing the way he did), but the PLD trade was a giant mistake. He needs to answer for that.

PLD needs to put in a good season or two before he is moveable, and if he does, do you want to move him?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Habs would take PLD all day long. They just want him to be cheap/free.

If I'm PLD and I end up getting bought out, for the sake of my mental health, I'm not sure the move to make would be signing with a team I tried to force a move to for years before flaming out in LA. Strikes me as unnecessary pressure.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Buyout doesn’t sound terrible, if they can get it in before he turns 26.

Around 20 million spread out over 14 years.
Might be the best option. Easy to say as it is not my money.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I can only ask to be heard, and accurately on the positions I suggest, not out of context or = wrong.

One last time:
Ks should make best move here
best move = cost of actual buyout [seems to be later not sooner] vs other options
one option is move Byfield for 2 elites + full dump pld
whether or not that is best for LA depends basically on some guesstimate of
total upside of Byfield vs total upside of bern package

I have no ill will to Ks fans -- or Rs fans, or anyone else for that matter -- who disagree
esp since that part of the equation is subjective, not objective heavy.

Only request is lose the profanity.
Say any mo fo thing you want, just pls keep Him out of it.
When was a top prospect and literally the future face of LA franchise is the sweetener to dump a bad contract?

Byfield + PLD for Lafreniere + Kakko

Make it so. No profanity plz

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The higher cap charges don't hit the books for 3 seasons. 24/25, 25/26, 26/27 is all at around $1.6 mill of dead cap. Then it goes to $3.8 mill for 27/28, 28/29, 29/30 before dropping to $2.8 mill for 30/31. Then it's $1.4 mill for the final 7 years.

Cap is $87.5 mill next season. So, for the bigger dead cap years, the cap will be into the $90 odd mill range. Will be at $100 mill by the time we hit the final 7 years.

Question LA has to ask is whether they believe they will get the value out of PLD's $8.5 mill cap hit over the next few years?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Fiala's another guy that I think LA should trade. He's a prime example of a player that can get you to the playoffs but once you're there... he's got 23 points in 43 playoff games and is a -12 throughout his career. He was an absolute no-show for LA last week. He's the most skilled forward the Kings have had since Ziggy Palffy, but if he's not part of the solution, he's part of the problem. He takes some absolutely brutal penalties and makes braindead turnovers too.

Now that I've talked him up, any takers on Fiala?
Yep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad