Pierre-Luc Dubois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I watch the Q often, and believe me, PLD could very well be much better than Pulju. You guys might have hit home run on a 3rd pick.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
I hope this guy tears it up as a Blue Jacket. Not the pick I expected but if this guy can be a good 1st line center I'm all for it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer now30 seconds ago

Kekalainen said he believes Dubois will come to camp and compete for a spot on the team. #CBJ

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
That's a big if

I don't think top line is all that much of a stretch for a top 5 pick. What people were looking for with the #3 was an elite player.

I like Murray, but we haven't seen elite yet with that #2. We don't pick in this position very often.

People got their hopes up and now they have to trust that the FO made the right choice.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
This kid is good and I called the pick. You guys might be a bit shell-shocked but this will be a great pick.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Idk. Maybe Edmonton would have picked him at 4.

Honestly, who the **** knows.

Yes. I believe Dubios is a better player than Tkachuck. I think you guys should have gone with Pulij but sometimes you have to go for organizational need.

If the Oilers knew you wanted to trade 3 to 4 I would have offered the 32nd for it.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If we have an opening night with this kid, along with Werenski and Bjork I might just have to buy a partial season package.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
I love Dubois as a prospect, and there was I time I really wanted us to grab him, but that's when I thought we woulld be picking in the 5-10 range, not top 3.

I'll learn to live with it.

If we were picking at 4, I was all in on Dubois. I think I can live with this.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Damn, jealous. Hoped we traded up to draft him. There are no holes in his games and that's the scary part as a fan of another team. He's one of the few prospects whom I bet will hit his ceiling. Definitely see him as a Benn-type player who'll put up 70 points while playing terrific defense, sort of like Kopitar. There's nothing that'll hold him back IMO and considering the CBJ team needs - I think this makes more sense than Pulju. Looking on the draft after the first round and considering his lack of weaknesses and how scarily similar he is to Benn in style, I think him and Pulju made their own 2nd tier with Juolevi, Tkachuk and Nylander forming the 3rd tier.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
A bit shocked like some of you were...but PLD is a stud, so jealous as a habs fan. Hope his development goes perfectly for you guys

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I do think Dubois can turn out to be very good, but it's just weird that it was at the cost of passing up on Puljujärvi. You'd think the homecountry connection would make it even more of a no-brainer for Jarmo, but it seemed to have had the opposite effect.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
my grading for this draft.

Lets say matthews is a 100, Laine is a 99, Puljujarvi is a 98 i have pld at 98. IMo there was a clear concensus of the top 4.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I don't think this question has an answer currently, the way Dubois works in the summers towards progressing his game is with a lot of passion, he came in to training camp for the Eagles last season a much stronger, faster, more confident and with a much better shot. You can reasonably expect him to improve him even more this summer, and with his size (6'2.5 200+ pounds) he has the size, its more in his hands and how willing he is to make the jump.

I'm on the belief that it's probably 60/40 that he plays for Columbus next season based on following his progression over the years, its kind of crazy the level of improvement he's made to his play in just two short years (and even as last season progressed, once he was playing center full time, I believe his PPG went to around 1.8+ for the 2nd half of the season, just getting better every game).. for a little bit of context, from his 16 year old season to his 17 year old season --

Goals - 10 > 41
Assists - 35 > 57
Points - 45 > 99
PIMS - 58 > 112
+/- from +4 to +40
While being the driver of any line you put him on, making all his older teammates better (Svechnikov, Lazarev, Joly, etc)

I know obviously a lot of you guys are disappointed about the pick but I can probably answer most questions about Dubois or shed any insight possible.

Thank you for posting this. Another poster years ago was rooting for us to take Jake Voracek & he was spot on. Since you seem to know a lot about PLD I do have a few questions:

How does he feel about potentially playing centre? I have read comparisons to Vinnie Lecavalier and someone else mentioned Kopitar due to his good defensive responsibility, who does PLD model his game after? Fanboy? Do you know him personally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad