TSN Radio Pierre LeBrun: Jonathan Bernier will be as good as Carey Price (2011 version).

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Pierre LeBrun was on TSN radio in the last hour and he said that he's been a huge fan of Jonathan Bernier for a long time and believes that he will be as good as Carey Price is in Montreal. Bryan Hayes of TSN 1050 also mentioned that people within the NHL have told him that Bernier's puckhandling is elite and on par with Martin Brodeur.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
so a .905 save percentage. Ugh

image.png

Durkin67

Pierre LeBrun was on TSN radio in the last hour and he said that he's been a huge fan of Jonathan Bernier for a long time and believes that he will be as good as Carey Price is in Montreal. Bryan Hayes of TSN 1050 also mentioned that people within the NHL have told him that Bernier's puckhandling is elite and on par with Martin Brodeur.

Not the first time I've heard Price as a comparable. I think with his puck handling, he may actually be a little better overall. suffice to say, Bernier is going to make it very difficult for Reimer to hang on to the 1A gig for any length of time. I think we are looking at an absolute stud here. He's quite possibly as much a cornerstone piece as Kessel, Kadri, or Phaneuf.

The Leafs haven't had any sustained success since Belfour. Having that stability in goal anchors your group more than any other position, and as much as I enjoy Reimer when he's at the top of his game, I do think Bernier represents a new level of stability and consistency.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
I heard he will be as good as hasek!!!

Was this quote taken out of context? LeBrun doesnt seem like the guy who would say "will be" but rather "I think he can be".

The hype machine grows ever stronger. Although he plays like price, I wouldnt make 2011 price a standard. He was considered a top 5 tendy back then

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
Interesting.

Our goaltending future looks very bright. So happy now that we finally have two goalies that can hold their fort!

We will be a legit cup contender very, very soon.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Bernier looked incredibly comfortable in net last night and not once was I worried about a goal being scored on him other than when he made that sick poke check (and I was only worried because I'm not used to that kind of play by any of our goalies recently). If he plays that comfortably all te time than I would much rather him in net than Reiner. I love Reimer but there's definitely times where he plays like he's not comfortable. Just my opinion here

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I heard Bernier is so good, he can stop cannonball with his left glove.

What makes this more impressing is that his left glove isn't even as half as good as his right glove.

You guys remember the magic puck?

That was Bernier. From the bench.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Well, I visited Habs board and there, they have a thread with Crosby saying "Price is the best goalie in NHL."

Looks like LeBrun and Crosby have some inside arrangement to hype up Bernier. :naughty:

:sarcasm:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The only problem is...

Reimer is better than Price. If we weren't all playoff nerves in game 1, we win that series. Reimer had nerves of steel to comeback against Boston like that, Price would have withered and folded.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
While that's good to hear I don't know why people are saying he's overhyping him. Berniers being compared to Price, who is a good goalie but it's not like he's comparing him to prime Brodeur or something.

Durkin67

Reimer is better than Price. If we weren't all playoff nerves in game 1, we win that series. Reimer had nerves of steel to comeback against Boston like that, Price would have withered and folded.

Three words: body of work.

I'll give you four:
Say No To Drugs.

Last edited by a moderator:

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010

Yup just like his shutout 1-0 shutout in game 5 in the 08 playoffs vs the Bruins, or maybe like his game 7 shutout in that same year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad