Post-Game Talk: Pickpocket the bloo jockets 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Can't win them all, but at least show some heart and soul. Worst game I've watched the Caps play all year.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
If the team cannot get up or find the energy for a team that spanked them on the Caps’ home ice, there’s a serious problem. To me they look low energy when they have no idea how to beat a team.

This is really really worrisome. With Columbus missing so many key players it highlights the ability of a system to beat the Caps. This is not some “burn the tape” game at all . Reirden has his work cut out for him.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Huh? In what world is this the worst game? Goalie earned that shutout.

In my opinion this is the worst game by the Caps this year. I give the goalie credit for his SO and the Jacket's effort, especially with regular players out. Keep in mind I turned the game on mid 2nd and only watched half of the game. From what I saw, the Caps were out played. I'm not concerned with it though, can't win every game.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If the Caps go 8-2 in every ten game stretch for the rest of the season I can live with that. :dunno:

They really didn't play a bad game, the other teams goaltender is part of the team though:

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 10.18.39 PM.png

Knuble91

Dec 17, 2019
Puck moving was absolutely not a thing last night, don't know what it is about the Jackets against us lately but for whatever reason we always slow down especially at the point

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Kempny has been really bad this year and it showed again last night. I imagine it has something to do with the injury but for now he just can't handle the minutes alongside Carlson.

I don't know what the solution is other than maybe giving Orlov a few additional shifts alongside Carlson. Orlov and Jensen are playing well together so I don't see breaking them up as a good option. Siegenthaler hasn't been bad when paired with Carlson but I don't really think giving him full-time minutes there is a great idea either.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Great game for the top-line? They were on the ice for 2 of the goals against. On the second one they iced the puck like 3 times and then lost the face-off which created the goal.

Either way, meh game. You can't win them all and there are going to be few times in a season where the opposing goalie is playing lights out. They played a terrible first period but pretty much dominated the 2nd and 3rd period and most times, they win that game 9 times out of 10, but this time the puck wasn't going in no matter what and Holtby couldn't bail them out.

Moving on.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If the team cannot get up or find the energy for a team that spanked them on the Caps’ home ice, there’s a serious problem. To me they look low energy when they have no idea how to beat a team.

This is really really worrisome. With Columbus missing so many key players it highlights the ability of a system to beat the Caps. This is not some “burn the tape” game at all . Reirden has his work cut out for him.

There's literally nothing additional to be worried about after this game. If people are worried about the top line not scoring or Jensen/Gudas not being a bonafide 2RD that's fine but nothing in this game contributed anything new to the discussion. Korpisalo owns the Caps for some reason and they lost a December game in Columbus to a worse team that seemingly plays well against Washington. On to the next.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Kempny has been really bad this year and it showed again last night. I imagine it has something to do with the injury but for now he just can't handle the minutes alongside Carlson.

I don't know what the solution is other than maybe giving Orlov a few additional shifts alongside Carlson. Orlov and Jensen are playing well together so I don't see breaking them up as a good option. Siegenthaler hasn't been bad when paired with Carlson but I don't really think giving him full-time minutes there is a great idea either.

Jensen was terrible on the 3rd goal. He turned the puck over in the neutral zone and then went lazily to the bench which led Gudas completely hang out to dry with the guy coming in with speed. On the PK he was really good again, though.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Jensen was terrible on the 3rd goal. He turned the puck over in the neutral zone and then went lazily to the bench which led Gudas completely hang out to dry with the guy coming in with speed. On the PK he was really good again, though.

It wasn't a great pass but Gudas was dreadful on that goal and had plenty of time to defend the blue line:

upload_2019-12-17_11-59-23.png

He's not even paying attention to the puck when he steps on the ice and as a result Bjorkstrand blows by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad