OT: (Photographers help!) Car photoshoot location

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Kinda really OT but looking for some help.

I'm looking for a good location in or around Ottawa to do a car photoshoot. I have all the equipment and stuff just looking for different location ideas. My buddy asked me to do a little photoshoot with his new Subaru BRZ and the only place I've thought of was a parking at a mall or something (maybe St-Laurent). Any ideas would be appreciated!

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Any industrial area on the 'outskirts' of the suburbs. There's generally big parking lots/areas around the buildings where you can go - learn to drive, take pictures, whatever.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Anywhere in mind?

Well there's lots of that on Industrial road (I don't know if it actually qualifies as industrial area but there's lots of parking lots).

Carleton - the gym area has big parking lots and they should (IDK if they will) be empty on weekends and University season has ended.

If you live in the South End - Greenboro/Heron Mall/St. Laurent (sort of) area - there's an industrial park on Hawthorne near where it meets Hunt Club. Turn near the Tim Horton's.

There's a police station (or something there) and you can go in there. Hawthorne at Stevenage Drive to be precise.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
you're in the east-end, right?

there is a corporate/business building at cyrville and labelle (just east of st. laurent) with a massive parking lot that is usually empty on weekends/evenings.
any OC transpo park-n-ride works too. Normally empty on weekends.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Well there's lots of that on Industrial road (I don't know if it actually qualifies as industrial area but there's lots of parking lots).

Carleton - the gym area has big parking lots and they should (IDK if they will) be empty on weekends and University season has ended.

If you live in the South End - Greenboro/Heron Mall/St. Laurent (sort of) area - there's an industrial park on Hawthorne near where it meets Hunt Club. Turn near the Tim Horton's.

There's a police station (or something there) and you can go in there. Hawthorne at Stevenage Drive to be precise.

Thanks a lot! Will definitely check some of them out. Only other location I had in mind was the the parking lot on the top floor at St.Laurent mall.

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
The Canada Post parking garage near confederation station would be pretty cool at night. Not sure if you need a parking pass to get in though.

edit: even the outside lot at night with the lit up garage in the background could look awesome

tahi0009

Dec 31, 2008
Ottawa,ON
The ottawa technical high school has the graffiti wall on Laurier but I don't think you can get your car there anymore. Are you trying to take pics during the day or night? Cause if its the day I'd recommend going by the airport behind Hilton garden inn where the fed ex and ups warehouse is,nothing like taking a pic of your car with an airport hangar or jet in the background :)

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
The ottawa technical high school has the graffiti wall on Laurier but I don't think you can get your car there anymore. Are you trying to take pics during the day or night? Cause if its the day I'd recommend going by the airport behind Hilton garden inn where the fed ex and ups warehouse is,nothing like taking a pic of your car with an airport hangar or jet in the background :)

Thanks, that's a great idea. Definitely doing a day shoot.

The BRZ/FRS is a great little sports car. A buddy of mine has one and its a blast to drive, your friend will enjoy it.

Yes, drove it the other day. It's a fun car that`s for sure.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
It's been a really long time since I've been there, so I can't remember what kind of car access these places have. But the Graffiti walls at Bronson and Slater or Brewer park would be good, if any of them are around car accessible areas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad