OT: Phoenix Coyotes Ownership Saga

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
You know what would be good name...

The Seattle Whalers

However, people (especially in my neck of the woods) would lose their freakin minds! :laugh: And the NHL would never do it! But, still a solid name for a Seattle team.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
And when the battle cattle score a big 'MoOoOoO' would be played in the stadium...

Captain Mittens*

What about the Washington Georges?

f04campp.jpg

Photoshop a visor and a stick on this bad boy and you've got a logo!

jimmy1100

Feb 17, 2007
Colorado Springs
Should do something with those bikini baristas they have out there.

What?!? Did this not become at least a minor thing everywhere?

For those not in the know - he is referring to small coffee stands (think tiny, drive-up Starbucks) that have attractive ladies wearing little clothing and serving coffee. Almost like a cross between Hooters and Starbucks, but with less clothing.

Anyway, you hear about someone complaining about them every so often around here and I guess I just assumed that these were popping up anywhere that coffee stands were able to do good business.

Not the case, huh?

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Well, Vancouver has that Whale in their logo then if Seattle was to become a rival then the name Killer Whales would be appropriate.

Seattle Killer Whales

Edit: Whoops, it's an Orca and not a Whale! So, Seattle Harpoons?

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
What?!? Did this not become at least a minor thing everywhere?

For those not in the know - he is referring to small coffee stands (think tiny, drive-up Starbucks) that have attractive ladies wearing little clothing and serving coffee. Almost like a cross between Hooters and Starbucks, but with less clothing.

Anyway, you hear about someone complaining about them every so often around here and I guess I just assumed that these were popping up anywhere that coffee stands were able to do good business.

Not the case, huh?

Nope. When I visited my cousin up there last summer for a family reunion, he took us to one. We were such tourists, but yeah they're everywhere out there. One of them told us they were going to open one in Hollywood and that's all I heard about it.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Interesting. Now Doan and Smith can say the excessive amount of baby tears constantly streaming down their face is just the rain.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Seattle Americans is the best name so far. Though the Whalers would include that green that both the Seahawks and Sounders have. Though it'd probably be an S name considering the Seahawks, Sounders, Supersonics. Only one that doesn't fit is the with the green or S motif's is the Mariners.

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Interesting. Now Doan and Smith can say the excessive amount of baby tears constantly streaming down their face is just the rain.
And you've successfully reminded me that I'll strongly dislike this Seattle team.

I think the Pilots is the best name so far. What about "Lumberjacks" or something wood-related?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Seattle can't even keep a basketball team! They're a baseball, football city! Please anywhere but Seattle or else we will go through this debacle again!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad