OT: Phoenix Coyotes Lounge IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
It gets like 300 as in the show is 300% better than all.

What are other people's favorites?

Im very picky as I prefer older tv programs mostly.

Two and a Half men, Nash Bridges, All In The Family, Full House, Good Times, Three's Company as some on my list.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Oh no, just thought it was cool. My future father in law has been in a ton of cheap movies as an extra. He once shared a few beers in a car with Craig T Nelson during some made for TV movie.

Lucky guy to be hanging out with a fellow UofA Grad. Was it easy for him to be an extra?

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Lucky guy to be hanging out with a fellow UofA Grad. Was it easy for him to be an extra?

He does get a lot of calls to be in random roles. I will pry more into how he gets them this weekend. I usually get a few beers and a hey lets watch the show he was in....he is great...the shows...not so much.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Looking to become a Hollywood Actor

As a child, I have done lots of plays and have always enjoyed acting. I have been told a number of times that not only can I act but that I should also try to see if I can make it into show business. I never went through with it because I was told from those closer to me in part that it's a long shot and I'm better off doing something else with my life.

I have spoke to lots of people over the years from acting professors to even those who have tried to get in and have leared alot about how not only tough it is to get in but also that it maybe not worth it for me to try because even if I do make it show business could end up ruining me. Hell, I even spoke with one person from here that has done some work and has offered me lots of great advice.

I'm still open to ideas and any questions anyone may have and I want to make sure I am making the right decision. Right now going down the road of doing something else other than acting isn't cutting it for me and I feel I should try to get into show business because I only live once. At the same time, I also want to see to it that I end up with a roof over my head at a place to call my own for the rest of my life as well.

Last edited:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
****!!!

The poll option didn't come up for me.

Can I get a do over? Or someone can add a poll to this for me?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
People with the best formal training possible often find it impossible to break into meaningful acting. I'm not trying to dampen your enthusiasm. You seem well aware that a very, very small portion of people actually make it.

Good luck.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm watching "The Killing" right now on Netflix. Originally and AMC show. I'm about half throught the first season. It's really good. NO SPOILERS!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I've got all of Breaking Bad, The Wire, Game of Thrones and Justified sitting on my computer. Heard great things about all of them, but haven't watched any. Where should I start?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
People with the best formal training possible often find it impossible to break into meaningful acting. I'm not trying to dampen your enthusiasm. You seem well aware that a very, very small portion of people actually make it.

Good luck.

Thanks and funny you mention the 1st part as well as I was told to never take any acting classes as they are a waste of time. Hell, Howard Stern was told not to take any acting classes for his movie "Private Parts" because it would ruin any natural acting ability he had.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
One of the things I was told as well was that if I do want to try and break into the business is to not move to the LA Area. 1. Because it's too expensive to overall trying to get in just with getting the head shots alone. 2. There are not nearly as many shows and movies being made in California anymore as a result of other cities and countries offering tax breaks. I was told to look into NYC, Toronto, Vancouver as some of the other places instead.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Its always right place right time so I figure why cant it be your time? Emma wasn't always famous.

Also Arizona is putting or might put their film tax credit back in place so more movies might come back and film.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
I know it's not exactly the same realm so to speak but after I graduated college I realized that my true love was music, I've played drums for 16 years and decided that I would be completely contempt being a musician the rest of my life. Music much like acting is a crap shoot in the sense that not many make it big. The last two years of my life have been some of the best and most memorable parts of my life. Things are going in a positive direction for myself and the band. It is a lot of hard work and not a lot of sleep but I wouldn't change it for the world. I actually really think college might have been a waste of time however my day job def helps me get by more than just the music. There is a huge give/take. Gotta make yourself happy that's the way I look at. Every show and every practice are the best parts of my week!

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Its always right place right time so I figure why cant it be your time? Emma wasn't always famous.

Thus is true but she also has a major advantage that most people don't have. She is not only a she but also a good looking she as the industry today is more about looks.

Hopefully she never had to be in the casting couch as well.

Last edited:

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I've only seen The Wire and Breaking Bad, loved both, I was thoroughly entertained. Kinda depends what you're looking for.

The Wire:

Best character development I've ever seen. If you're into Robert Altman - style ensemble casts and hyper-realistic storytelling that make you think about fictitious people as you actually know them, this is the best. Characters like Omar, Stringer and Snoop are probably my favorite fictional characters ever.

BB:

Best cinematography I've seen on TV. Great dark humor. Each season builds very slowly towards a great payoff, but requires patience. Some characters (like WW's wife and SIL) can be infuriating and hard to watch. The show's tone changes a lot over the course of the 5 seasons, from light-hearted, funny, violent thriller to extremely dark. You'll watch 5 episodes wondering where things are going and BAM, get hit in the face and wonder what the hell just happened.

I've binge-watched both shows and enjoyed them completely. It's hard for me to recommend one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad