Pre-Game Talk: Phoenix Coyotes 2/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
And then what happens if they take another run at Hossa, or Toews, or Kane after all that happens? It's just not worth it.

It wouldn't be worth it. But then, we did nothing when it actually happened so why should we believe they will. I guess because they are a dirty team and we aren't. I guess it's an alpha dog type situation where they are the alpha and we are the shrimp so we have to just keep quiet and out of the way. Sucks, but yeah, you're right, that is the realty of these two teams.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Sure all the Hawks will keep a close eye on Torres but revenge is childish and stupid. The Hawks don't need any suspensions, injuries or even lose the game because of stupidity. The Hawks can easily get their message across by delivering good hard solid body checks.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Wanted_Raffi_Torres_wanted_dead_or_alive_1dxynwgwx.jpg

Nothingman*

If we are up 5-0 then by all means have at it. But let's get two points as they are most important in this shortened season. Keeping them from making the playoffs, by beating them on the scoreboard, would be more satisfying.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It would be easy to completely forget about him if it was just Hossa. It wasn't though. It was Seabrook too. It's a catch 22. Do nothing (even with a win a hand) and hope he doesn't do it again or make him afraid to ever even think about doing it again. We can't afford to lose any more stars in the playoffs. That's the only thing I am sure of.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Sorry, I root for my hockey team to win games, and ultimately win the Cup. If you want to see a fight, go watch the UFC.

Pretty much.

Sad to see the neanderthal mentality be as common as it is. "Winning's lame! Go perpetuate the cycle of needless violence! That'll teach him!"

You want dirty hits like Torres' out of the game? Then don't start throwing them yourself.

Unbelievable stuff from some of you. Grown men wanting revenge like little angsty preteens.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Pretty much.

Sad to see the neanderthal mentality be as common as it is. "Winning's lame! Go perpetuate the cycle of needless violence! That'll teach him!"

You want dirty hits like Torres' out of the game? Then don't start throwing them yourself.

Unbelievable stuff from some of you. Grown men wanting revenge like little angsty preteens.

I have not read the whole thread, but from what I have seen the majority of us here just want the 2 points.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I only see one guy who definitely wants his head. But there is nothing wrong with discussing possibilities. We cannot let him do it again. Everyone needs to be finishing checks on him and if he acts up, he gets it, simple as that. If he keeps his mouth shut and his head down, he'll be fine.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
All this retaliation talk is silly, Keith stepping up for Mayers shows me that this team cares about each other and if Torres does something even remotely stupid he'll get wrecked.

Bingo.

The 2 points are more important than revenge. Only stoop to Torres level if he remotely tries anything dirty, and I doubt he will.

As I said last season, I’d like to see Seabrook catch him with a few good body checks. It will happen eventually, be patient.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
The Hawks should be able to skate in on Torres with impunity. Not to injure but to attack offensively from a game standpoint and the Hawks should exploit this. Torres will be hard pressed to use any physicality on anyone from now on. Any future bad hit from him could be career ending.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Funny, you seem to think that the people saying this said Canuck fans were stupid for wanting Keiths head on a platter or that we were making fun of them. I didn't make fun of them, or think it was stupid. I didn't blame them at all for wanting that.

It's also different when someone injures a star player once, you can think of it as a stupid play, and that it probably won't happen again. (Keith/Sedin) It's COMPLETELY different when it's the same ****ing guy injures 2!!!!!!! of your STAR!!!!! players.

I'm sick of these little ***** Hawk fans that just want a win. **** a win! Torres could give a **** less about his team winning, he just wants to make it out of the game without a bruise on his face.

imageach.jpg

Watch out, we got a ITG over here.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Sorry, I root for my hockey team to win games, and ultimately win the Cup. If you want to see a fight, go watch the UFC.

Ya, because 1 loss after 11 games completely ruins our chance at a cup.

It's alright that none of you want anyone to pound on Torres. I guess you'll be OK with him taking out another star player in the near future!

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Pretty much.

Who said winning is lame?
How is it needless violence to beat someone who took out 2 of your star players IN THE PLAYOFFS!!
Who said take him out with a dirty hit?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Ya, because 1 loss after 11 games completely ruins our chance at a cup.

It's alright that none of you want anyone to pound on Torres. I guess you'll be OK with him taking out another star player in the near future!

Why risk it? We have seen this team absolutely **** the bed and lose 9 straight games before. That'd put us damn close to .500 if it happened again. I don't think it could/would happen again with this team, but say we lose our Captain again... It's certainly possible.

But yeah, lets throw points away so we can try take on an identity that we are the complete opposite just so we can hurt a player that sucks.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Why risk it? We have seen this team absolutely **** the bed and lose 9 straight games before. That'd put us damn close to .500 if it happened again. I don't think it could/would happen again with this team, but say we lose our Captain again... It's certainly possible.

But yeah, lets throw points away so we can try take on an identity that we are the complete opposite just so we can hurt a player that sucks.

If anything, someone stepping up and pounding on Torres face will bring this team closer together in the end.

And you want to talk about losing our captain, if Torres knows he can run around throwing big hits on our star players, our captain will be out again.

I've rarely wanted revenge for any hit previously, but Torres needs a lesson. This is the only time and place I want to see it happen.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
It wouldn't be worth it. But then, we did nothing when it actually happened so why should we believe they will. I guess because they are a dirty team and we aren't. I guess it's an alpha dog type situation where they are the alpha and we are the shrimp so we have to just keep quiet and out of the way. Sucks, but yeah, you're right, that is the realty of these two teams.

It isn't simply about being a dirty team or not being a dirty team. It's the Band of Brothers mentality where if you mess with one of ours, you mess with ALL of us. Keith showed this the other night and I haven't seen anyone criticize it yet. I, for my part, was damn proud of him.

I'm not simply out for blood. I'm out for my team to get that chemistry back that they had during and prior to the Cup year. When they had character guys like Ladd, Madden, Burish and Eager.

They haven't had that since, and their lack of success is telling. It isn't simply a second line center that we're missing. It's heart, or was till the start of this season. Time will tell for this year...

Showing that you'll pay for kill shots that you put on one of our players would go a long ways towards team building. Guys gotta know that their teammates have their back, no matter what.

Most likely, Raffi knows that he's gotta take one. He'll probably accept Bollig's challenge, get punched a few times and that will be the end of it. I can wish it was still 1992 or 1983, but it's not. The league has changed.

Remember though, all you moral high grounders, that even if we play like 20 Lady Byng clones out there tonight, it won't guarantee 2 points. Not retaliating doesn't automatically equate to a win.

And then don't complain about lack of team toughness when we get pushed around in the future. Team toughness starts with a team attitude - something we'd all like to see more of. You're not a tough team by simply having one guy like Carcillo. Many more need to chip in.

The last two Cups have gone to the toughest teams, the teams that came together and laid their bodies on the line, not the most talented.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I guess it's an alpha dog type situation where they are the alpha and we are the shrimp so we have to just keep quiet and out of the way. Sucks, but yeah, you're right, that is the realty of these two teams.

Ding Ding Ding.

It reminds me of the Buffalo/Boston game where Lucic ran Miller. Not one Buffalo guy did anything about it. Next game? they went after Lucic, this year? they brought in John Scott and Steve Ott.

DO SOMETHING CHICAGO!!!

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Agreed on your point about team chemistry and unity and it is definitely more present this year than the last two, no question. It is important and there is a right way to go about it. I also feel like we are missing a physical player that has that certain swagger than gives the team the edge it needs. And no, I'm not talking about Carcillo. I like Carcillo, but that is not the kind of player I am talking about. I'm talking more of a chrippy player, a policeman who prevents incidents from happening, someone like Clowe (although I'd use him mostly in the bottom 6 5 on 5 because of his lack of speed).

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
If Raffi breathes on someone in a way Shanny doesn't like he will be out a month plus. If he isn't neutered then Bollig isn't going to change anything.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
All this retaliation talk is silly, Keith stepping up for Mayers shows me that this team cares about each other and if Torres does something even remotely stupid he'll get wrecked.

Wait, retaliation talk is silly, yet what Keith did is viewed as OK by those same people?

you do realize what keith did was EXACTLY what I want done to Torres, right?

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
What would affect Raffi more?

Missing his team's deep playoff run, the start of the season, forfeiting hundreds of thousands of dollars, and being given a clear warning that any more of these kinds of antics and he'll be kicked out of the league

Or a couple of punches in the face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad