Proposal: Phillys 1st round pick to Calgary

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Flyers have too much dead weight on their roster (Risto, Seeler) (Petersen) and than half the forward core.

Most fans want the flyers to rebuild and completely bottom out.

The organization won’t do that especially with Torts here.

I think the value is crap because of Markstrom, personally even at 50%. He should not be a target of the Flyers.

What ideally is the type of trade Philly might contemplate for Risto? Bad contract for bad contract? Add an asset and ship him out? etc.?

No, he doesn't.

Both our team's windows are like periscopes from under 40 ft of crap, isn't it? :(

Reactions: BernieParent

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
What ideally is the type of trade Philly might contemplate for Risto? Bad contract for bad contract? Add an asset and ship him out? etc.?

Both our team's windows are like periscopes from under 40 ft of crap, isn't it? :(

I personally would move him out for similar. Maybe something more expensive but shorter, or an equal swap. Or even attach an asset to him depending on what it is.

But I think the Flyers brain trust would rather keep him.

Reactions: Fig

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Post is a perfect example of people having no idea what very good players are worth in the NHL.

Calgary gets robbed here, and there’s people actually being dead serious, thinking Philly would be getting robbed.

It’s not a situational thing either. They could keep both for a year, and turn that 12OA pick into two 1st rounders and a couple of really nice prospects. Anyone think Cole Eiserman is worth that? Of course not.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Post is a perfect example of people having no idea what very good players are worth in the NHL.

Calgary gets robbed here, and there’s people actually being dead serious, thinking Philly would be getting robbed.

It’s not a situational thing either. They could keep both for a year, and turn that 12OA pick into two 1st rounders and a couple of really nice prospects. Anyone think Cole Eiserman is worth that? Of course not.

The flyers don’t need a fourth NHL goalie. I’d rather them personally blow it up and suck for a few years.

So it could be fair value but for Philadelphia that makes zero sense.

Reactions: BernieParent

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Flyers have too much dead weight on their roster (Risto, Seeler) (Petersen) and than half the forward core.

Most fans want the flyers to rebuild and completely bottom out.

The organization won’t do that especially with Torts here.

I think the value is crap because of Markstrom, personally even at 50%. He should not be a target of the Flyers.
how is seeler dead weight?

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
he is a top 6 dman on every nhl team. yeah such garbage.

I disagree.

He’s nothing more than a number 6 on teams who have no direction. On rebuilding teams he might be in the top 6. But if he’s on a contender in the top 6, that’s a scary thought and there’s no way that team is a contender anymore.

Hes trash.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I disagree.

He’s nothing more than a number 6 on teams who have no direction. On rebuilding teams he might be in the top 6. But if he’s on a contender in the top 6, that’s a scary thought and there’s no way that team is a contender anymore.

Hes trash.
disagree all you want as the numbers and metrics say otherwise.

tell me what teams still playing he isn't in their top 6.

not trash. he has turned himself into a legit nhl dman.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
disagree all you want as the numbers and metrics say otherwise.

tell me what teams still playing he isn't in their top 6.

not trash. he has turned himself into a legit nhl dman.

Eye test shows he’s crap and gets destroyed everytime he’s on the ice. He can’t make a pass, shoot or skate effectively.

He wouldn’t be on any of them IMO. Maybe Edmonton but probably not even them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad