Philippine Ice Hockey

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
The Philippine Women's National Ice Hockey team are also currently particiipating in the 2024 IIHF Women's Asia and Oceania Championship and are currently in 2nd place next to Iran after defeating Kyrgyztan, India and UAE. They face favorite Iran tomorrow. I believe the top team gets promoted to the IIHF World Championship Division III Group B.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrHockeyFan

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
The Philippine Women's National Ice Hockey team are also currently particiipating in the 2024 IIHF Women's Asia and Oceania Championship and are currently in 2nd place next to Iran after defeating Kyrgyztan, India and UAE. They face favorite Iran tomorrow. I believe the top team gets promoted to the IIHF World Championship Division III Group B.

This tourney doesn't really work like that. It's more about helping establishing a NT program and the feeding structure around it. This way they can eventually achieve minimum standard participation requirements and make the jump to WC play. It also contributes toward seeding for the Asian Winter Games.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
This tourney doesn't really work like that. It's more about helping establishing a NT program and the feeding structure around it. This way they can eventually achieve minimum standard participation requirements and make the jump to WC play. It also contributes toward seeding for the Asian Winter Games.

Okay although Thailand Women's National team was promoted to the IIHF World Championship Division III Group B after winning last year's Asia and Oceania Women's Ice Hockey tourrnament and promptly won Div III Grp B as well this year and will play in Div III Grp A next year.

Maybe the IIHF deemed them ready after dominating the tournament last year.

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Okay although Thailand Women's National team was promoted to the IIHF World Championship Division III Group B after winning last year's Asia and Oceania Women's Ice Hockey tourrnament and promptly won Div III Grp B as well this year and will play in Div III Grp A next year.

Maybe the IIHF deemed them ready after dominating the tournament last year.
Maybe but i doubt it works that way based on following the CCoA/AOC tourney since its inception. WC participation is more based on the state of a country's hockey program than its actual level.

Also 3rd-place Singapore joined the WC program this year. Iran could as well but I guess they have their "reasons". And I've seen on IG that UAE are making the jump for 2025 as they now run a women's league.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Maybe but i doubt it works that way based on following the CCoA/AOC tourney since its inception. WC participation is more based on the state of a country's hockey program than its actual level.

Also 3rd-place Singapore joined the WC program this year. Iran could as well but I guess they have their "reasons". And I've seen on IG that UAE are making the jump for 2025 as they now run a women's league.
I see. The Philippine men's team also had to fulfill a lot of requirements as well before being allowed into the World Championships in 2020 just in time for the COVID pandemic.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
They would basically need 45 registered players, 3 competitive club teams, and a developmental program with 60 participants to qualify. Assuming they have access to the same facilities as men do.

Reactions: cjeagle

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4