Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I said at the end of last season i wanted the pen gutted.

They did nothing but lose kimbrel. Same guys...and here we are.

Not one guy im our pen i feel confident in. Not one.

Reactions: philly_28

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Fangraphs top bullpen not off to a great start. :laugh:
Can't say stuff like that around here mate. Everyone's velo is there. Alvarado just missing too. They'll come around, but they'll need a piece or 2 to get them through the playoffs. Would be insane if it was a difference maker

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
No need to overreact, remember in 2019 the opening series they bludgeoned the Braves in a sweep and apparently the Phillies were the best Phillies team ever. Just dont get swept like they did to start the season against Texas last year. RT still is terrible though and always will be.

Reactions: SnS

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Brogdan is beyond cooked. 93 out of the bullpen just doesn't cut it anymore. He'll be the first cut of the season.

Can't say stuff like that around here mate. Everyone's velo is there. Alvarado just missing too. They'll come around, but they'll need a piece or 2 to get them through the playoffs. Would be insane if it was a difference maker
Why would you project them to beat their win total by 5 then? :laugh:

Reactions: SnS

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
It March ffs and less than 1% of the season. Wheeler was awesome, Rob still sucks though.

Yup, it's one game, like whatever.

Still, it's just frustrating af to be hyped for the season opener only to watch the bullpen implode like that...

Let us overreact/vent a little. :laugh:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Yup, it's one game, like whatever.

Still, it's just frustrating af to be hyped for the season opener only to watch the bullpen implode like that...

Let us overreact/vent a little. :laugh:
I have switched over to the EFL championship where Leeds has equalized :laugh:. Baseball is still probably my favorite sport but I just cant fully into it til late may when soccer is over. So wont be overacting, cant take much away from 1 game though Wheeler is great. Dont expect the Phillies to win the division but if they dont have a good April something is seriously wrong, have a very easy schedule.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Brogdan is beyond cooked. 93 out of the bullpen just doesn't cut it anymore. He'll be the first cut of the season.

Why would you project them to beat their win total by 5 then? :laugh:
Because contrary to what you think, I don't think this bullpen sucks. I think they're good in fact! But they're not good enough for the playoffs, and especially this year when 70 innings of Kimbrel are unaccounted for. They are, right now, a huge risk to to gas themselves out by October. Especially with how Rob uses them. Which, for the record, I don't have a problem with most of the time.

So to answer your question, a good bullpen, a whole year of Harper, a whole year of Schwarber DHing, a whole year of good Turner, and a whole year of good-legendary CF defense (depending on who plays), and a whole year of Chris Sanchez (who I think is fantastic) should translate to a few more wins. On paper, of course.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Braves 9th inning pitcher being named Bummer is too fitting lol

Brogden is the absolute white flag.

How the f*** did he make the OD roster?

It March ffs and less than 1% of the season. Wheeler was awesome, Rob still sucks though.

99% of Thomsons decisions are made by a computer. Thats why hes always so relaxed. Doesnt do a lot of thinking.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Because contrary to what you think, I don't think this bullpen sucks. I think they're good in fact! But they're not good enough for the playoffs, and especially this year when 70 innings of Kimbrel are unaccounted for. They are, right now, a huge risk to to gas themselves out by October. Especially with how Rob uses them. Which, for the record, I don't have a problem with most of the time.

So to answer your question, a good bullpen, a whole year of Harper, a whole year of Schwarber DHing, a whole year of good Turner, and a whole year of good-legendary CF defense (depending on who plays), and a whole year of Chris Sanchez (who I think is fantastic) should translate to a few more wins. On paper, of course.
Tbh the bats scare me a lot more than the arms. They were shit in the spring. Look like shit today (granted Strider and shadows are a bad combo). They are another year into their 30s for many of them and most didn't/don't have great discipline to begin with.

Out of options and injuries. This is his last chance.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Opening Day shmopening day. Its still a quality Wheeler start that they wasted and thats not pleasing at any point.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Braves 9th inning pitcher being named Bummer is too fitting lol

99% of Thomsons decisions are made by a computer. Thats why hes always so relaxed. Doesnt do a lot of thinking.
Even Helen Keller could have seen that bringing in Kimbrel last year in game 4 was a sackable offense. We are stuck with him.

Reactions: BiggE

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
I have switched over to the EFL championship where Leeds has equalized :laugh:. Baseball is still probably my favorite sport but I just cant fully into it til late may when soccer is over. So wont be overacting, cant take much away from 1 game though Wheeler is great. Dont expect the Phillies to win the division but if they dont have a good April something is seriously wrong, have a very easy schedule.

Ha, once the Braves went up 9-2, I switched over to the highlight show of Austria's women's soccer league. :D

Love the Phils, but of the first half of the season I really only watch the home opener every year and then just check the scores/standings for the next couple of months.

• Love
Reactions: Halladay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad