OT: Philadelphia Phillies: Hope Springs Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

The 3rd strike is about 11 seconds into the video. Apparently the Umpire was mad about being 'shown up' by the batter being outraged at a pretty bad strike 2 call that he was calling the next pitch STRIKE-3 no matter where it went.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
This is the back injury they needed to put him on the IL for the year :D.
They actually changed that rule so now a player taken in the Rule V draft has to spend 90 days on the active roster. I kinda figured April/May/June then the "injury" so you are not 'wasting' a spot for the second half of the season.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

The 3rd strike is about 11 seconds into the video. Apparently the Umpire was mad about being 'shown up' by the batter being outraged at a pretty bad strike 2 call that he was calling the next pitch STRIKE-3 no matter where it went.

College umps are the worst.

They actually changed that rule so now a player taken in the Rule V draft has to spend 90 days on the active roster. I kinda figured April/May/June then the "injury" so you are not 'wasting' a spot for the second half of the season.
Yeah but I imagine they can't realistically put him on the roster early in the year given he hasn't pitched in years. It looks like his bullpens aren't even 100% yet. I'd argue the bullpen spots are more valuable early in the season since starters don't get pushed as hard.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Joe Davis with that call
LQzC.gif

Reactions: Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5