GDT: Philadelphia Flyers at Ottawa Senators - 1PM - TSN5/RDS - The Alfredsson Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
So are mine. Sky high. 100+ points. Top 3 in Atlantic

But within a game there are going to be stretches where you are dominated. Where you are running around in your own end. Where the other team imposes it's will on you. That's hockey. That's parity. Parity means we're going to lose often. Sometimes to teams below us in the standings.

9 shots against thru 2 periods is a dominating performance
I mean Vegas in their home opener didn't get a shot for almost 10 minutes. They should probably rebuild after a disgusting showing like that

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I am liking Kelly’s game again, when he plays like this he is an asset to the team. Mac was pretty good too for a a guy who is there to enforce.

The fourth line looks good, in fact all the lines look pretty good right now.
What is your projected line up with Norris and Pinto in?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So are mine. Sky high. 100+ points. Top 3 in Atlantic

But within a game there are going to be stretches where you are dominated. Where you are running around in your own end. Where the other team imposes it's will on you. That's hockey. That's parity. Parity means we're going to lose often. Sometimes to teams below us in the standings.

9 shots against thru 2 periods is a dominating performance
Well I mean. Again. It’s not “one game”. Or stretched “within a game”. It’s simply
Shit I’ve seen for ~300 games now.

But that’s mean. I have to live with my expectations. Not this board or the team lol

You need to stop expecting the Defensive play of the 2014 Olympic team. Yesterday was extremely tidy.
I’m expecting a SIGNIFICANT improvement over last year. Significant.

I didn’t see last night as tidy. I saw it as adequate given who we played.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I am liking Kelly’s game again, when he plays like this he is an asset to the team. Mac was pretty good too for a a guy who is there to enforce.

The fourth line looks good, in fact all the lines look pretty good right now.

No doubt, he has looked great these first two games. Night and day from early preseason and last season for that matter.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well I mean. Again. It’s not “one game”. Or stretched “within a game”. It’s simply
Shit I’ve seen for ~300 games now.

But that’s mean. I have to live with my expectations. Not this board or the team lol

I think your impression of the Flyers is way off base. Well coached club with some very nice top 9 pieces. You make it sound like they have a bottom 5 roster.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I think your impression of the Flyers is way off base. Well coached club with some very nice top 9 pieces. You make it sound like they have a bottom 5 roster.
Exactly.

They had some big injuries last season, which contributed to a bad year. They will be much more competitive this year.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What is your projected line up with Norris and Pinto in?
I think we’d have to make Mac or Kelly the 13th forward and send down Grieg to get first line minutes in Belleville. Next season we likely won’t keep Tank and or Kubalik which will open a spot or two in the top 9 for Greg.
It’s simply the shit I’ve seen for ~300 games now.

The good news is that you have set yourself up to be disappointed all season with those types of expectations.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think we’d have to make Mac or Kelly the 13th forward and send down Grieg to get first line minutes in Belleville. Next season we likely won’t keep Tank and or Kubalik which will open a spot or two in the top 9 for Greg.

The good news is that you have set yourself up to be disappointed all season with those types of expectations.
Significant improvement over last year?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The "good" news is, we haven't heard much from Stu, batherson, kubalik, even Tarasenko yet. They will factor into success this year massively and are probably due to click at any second.

Although, I've actually quite liked Taransenko, especially along the boards.

Ngl, I'd also like to see a significant improvement over last year.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
No doubt, he has looked great these first two games. Night and day from early preseason and last season for that matter.

He has been good for sure. Was thinking Smejkal should take his spot through pre-season. Now it might be best for Smejkal to take Kubaliks spot and move him out to sign Pinto.

Reactions: Ice-Tray
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad