OT: Philadelphia Eagles: The Atlanta Chokers edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Rumored so far...

Week 1: Eagles @ Redskins
Week 3: Giants @ Eagles 9/24
Week 12: Bears @ Eagles
Week 13: Eagles @ Seahawks 12/3
Week 14: Eagles @ Rams 12/10
Week 15: Eagles @ Giants 12/17
Week 16: Raiders @ Eagles 12/25 (MNF)

Bold = Home

Remaining: Arizona, San Francisco, Denver, Washington, Dallas, @Kansas City, @Los Angeles Chargers, @Carolina, @Dallas

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Chicago has about the worst start I can remember from a scheduling standpoint, especially for a poor team -- vs Atlanta, @Tampa, vs Pitt, @GB in September is brutal.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Not to say that can't be good but a lot Bama players underwhelm in the NFL. A lot of these kids come in college ready there so they play a lot of snaps there. Saban's old school he loves ball control & relying on his defense to win games. Now with the college playoffs between that & the SEC Championship game they're playing 2-3 games more a year than most other teams. So a lot of these kids have a ton of mileage on them compared to kids from most other programs when they come out. You may run into cases where it's men vs. boys there but when the playing field is leveled in the NFL they're not as imposing anymore.

So I'll always be skeptical of Bama players regardless.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Week 2 in KC. Back to back road games to start the season.

Week 4 in San Diego. Plan your trips now

Redskins at home week 7 on MNF
49ers come to town week 8

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Youre going to see the footage of Eagles fans throwing snowballs at Santa from 60 years ago on repeat by every media outlet all year when talking about their schedule ahead. God forbid it snows on Christmas. Supposed to be a night game too. 8:30 start.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Youre going to see the footage of Eagles fans throwing snowballs at Santa from 60 years ago on repeat by every media outlet all year when talking about their schedule ahead. God forbid it snows on Christmas. Supposed to be a night game too. 8:30 start.

Ah the good old days in the 700 level where drunk men in their section jackets beat up very young guys and the 15 year old security guard was pissing his pants. I was not at the Santa game but I was there when they beat the crap out of the unofficial Redskins mascot. They threw his headdress down from the 2nd level. The drunk turks were tossed out of the vet then waited outside for the guy then jumped him and broke his arm. True story. I never left my seat for fear of slipping on ****. The things that went on up there, well you really had to see it to believe it. Trust me, throwing snowballs at Santa ain't got nothing on that.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Because he's white he's going to be Danny Woodhead- best case?

He's a weapon in all facets of the game. I'm not a fan of taking a RB in the first round but if a team does these days, he better be a threat in the passing game (and McCaffrey is). He'll be a matchup nightmare.

And throw out the stereotypes, he's a great athlete even by RB standards.

No. He's going to be Danny Woodhead because we don't know if he can run between the tackles. You say he's a matchup nightmare, but if we draft him I think we STILL have no threat up the middle at RB.

He's going to be Danny Woodhead because he's known for his versatility as a pass-catcher than as a traditional back. If you'd rather me say Darren Sproles, I can, but I think Darren's size and speed differentiate him. Woodhead is the best comparison I can draw.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Good news is since it's ON Christmas Santa should already be gone on his vacation. They actually did us a favor.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Lol @ deshone kizer....kid said "i have tom bradys brain and cam newtons body"
I watched a bunch of Notre Dame last year (mainly because I was betting against them consistently) and I did not see very much out of him that I liked at all...

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
i see more Brian Westbrook in mccaffery than Danny woodhead. his ability to run up the middle is pretty underrated and many scouts I've read have said this. I think people see a receiving rb at his size and just assume he can't run up the middle. he ran between the tackles very well at Stanford, he just didn't break them for huge plays so it isnt in his highlight package. westbrook was very good at running between the tackles at his size.

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
i see more Brian Westbrook in mccaffery than Danny woodhead. his ability to run up the middle is pretty underrated and many scouts I've read have said this. I think people see a receiving rb at his size and just assume he can't run up the middle. he ran between the tackles very well at Stanford, he just didn't break them for huge plays so it isnt in his highlight package. westbrook was very good at running between the tackles at his size.

You hit the nail on the head, very underrated runner between the tackles as many scouts have noted. Brian Westbrook is a great comparison for him.

With that said, I still would prefer to go RB later in the draft (love me some Kareem Hunt, Samajee Perine and Jeremy McNichols on day 3)

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
No. He's going to be Danny Woodhead because we don't know if he can run between the tackles. You say he's a matchup nightmare, but if we draft him I think we STILL have no threat up the middle at RB.

He's going to be Danny Woodhead because he's known for his versatility as a pass-catcher than as a traditional back. If you'd rather me say Darren Sproles, I can, but I think Darren's size and speed differentiate him. Woodhead is the best comparison I can draw.

Well most of his college career was as a between the tackles runner as Stanford is a power running offense. Hes closer to Tiki Barber / Brian Westbrook the Woodhead or Sproles as a comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad