OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Three Picks And A Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Is this good? Do we want this?

I don't really watch him....I'm a Howie stan and all, but his record with 1-year seemingly bargain LB signings is...spotty

That's b/c most of them since Bradham were ST types, though Fort went elsewhere and has done pretty well.
Wilson was brought in more b/c he knew the defensive system than anything else with a new DC.

White is the "new age" LB who is a converted safety, undersized but can cover.

One year deal while he angles for a better contract next year, Howie can decide at the end of the year to extend him, or if Taylor looks ready, or if some other LB on the roster is ready to step in (Stevens, another converted safety, or Elliss, a fast LB picked up as a SFA, or a draft pick or two).

Singleton was horrible in coverage, so was Avery, while Edwards is good in a short area due to good instincts, but lacks speed.
So White should help, both on run downs (where teams now pass 40-50% of the time) and as a nickel LB.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Because others drop or he shoots up late? One of the few scheme casualties of that defense honestly. Kirby was content on match quarters and the front 7 controlling everything. So Cine really didn't get to show out, but his athleticism is obviously off the charts.

Yeah, I'm not sure on Wyatt either. At 315, he can definitely hold up inside. Davis is a wild card to me. I really don't know what his role looks like at the next level. If anything his combine testing actually clouds it further. I think teams were so willing to typecast him into that nose role, but he tested well enough that a 3 tech is not at all out of the question.

RAS graded Walker higher that M. Garrett. I think it's just a matter of time for him in pass rush. He's still raw and needs a staff that's willing to let him develop that part of his game.
My problem with Davis is his motor and conditioning.
Remember Poe? Big NT who blew away the combine, had a couple good years early in his career, then has been good but nothing special since.
That's who Davis resembles.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
My problem with Davis is his motor and conditioning.
Remember Poe? Big NT who blew away the combine, had a couple good years early in his career, then has been good but nothing special since.
That's who Davis resembles.
The conditioning thing is not without merit, but Davis has already said he's going to play 15-20 pounds lighter in the NFL than he did at Georgia. Davis could have been a three down guy there as well, but Carter and Wyatt were the better third down pass rush options.

There's no comparison between combine performances, btw. Davis was in another stratosphere of testing.
FNH1h-QX0AUQfR6.png

FNHarEGXsA8z2sm.png

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Davis didn’t play a ton because Georgia didn’t need him to do so. Wyatt played exactly one more Snap than Davis in the title game. Jalen Carter is viewed as a likely top 10 pick next year and played the same number as Davis.

All of these guys have flaws. The criticisms should just make sense. Davis’ defining characteristic is his short area quickness. I wouldn’t comp him to players without that attribute + size combo.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Davis didn’t play a ton because Georgia didn’t need him to do so. Wyatt played exactly one more Snap than Davis in the title game. Jalen Carter is viewed as a likely top 10 pick next year and played the same number as Davis.

All of these guys have flaws. The criticisms should just make sense.
Pretty much. If you play DL, TE, WR or RB at UGA, you're going to rotate a lot, regardless of draft status.

Hard to see flaws with Carter honestly, lol. That guy is a problem.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
The combine weirds me out. The way they measure people and all like cattle..I almost want to compare it to something but I won’t

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

All of these guys have flaws. The criticisms should just make sense. Davis’ defining characteristic is his short area quickness. I wouldn’t comp him to players without that attribute + size combo.
I didn't really see that much explosiveness in the Championship game, I thought Wyatt had the better game.
On the other hand, he wouldn't slip to 15 if he had dominated, he may well be a better player with 15-20 lbs off his frame.
Though I heard the Combine track was a fast track, which I believe given the 40 times this year, fast track can add 0.10 of a second to 40 times.
Which is why I always want to know the track used on pro days.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Alright Georgia homers- what percentage chance do you give Quay Walker to be the best of the OBLB trio? I wasn't expecting to like him, but the little I saw I really liked. Admittedly it was pretty much all run and chase scenarios and I have no idea what he's like in coverage, but he's got that Jamin Davis/Tremaine Edmunds thing going on. He's just so big and athletic and swallows up ball carriers and it'd be a nice to add one of those to compliment the smaller LBs on the team.

PFF has him well behind in grades and slightly behind Tindall (and obviously well behind Dean) in the draft pecking order.

Wan'Dale Robinson is going to be a really good, imo.
Hopefully he goes to a team with a good playcaller and QB. He's so damn small, it's just not going to work in every offense.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Alright Georgia homers- what percentage chance do you give Quay Walker to be the best of the OBLB trio? I wasn't expecting to like him, but the little I did I really liked. Admittedly it was pretty much all run and chase scenarios and I have no idea what he's like in coverage, but he's got that Jamin Davis/Tremaine Edmunds thing going on. He's just so big and athletic and swallows up ball carriers and it'd be a nice to add one of those to compliment the smaller LBs on the team.

PFF has him well behind in grades and slightly behind Tindall (and obviously well behind Dean) in the draft pecking order.

25? Maybe as high as 30? Somewhere around there. Because what Kirby asks players to do isn’t necessarily what they would be doing up a level and because they just had so damn many guys with meaningful NFL potential, that whole grouping is muddled to me. Dean was the best of them last year, it scheme fit is mandatory for him. I’m absolutely positive of that and basically nothing else. You can tell me Wyatt had a better 2021 than Davis or Quay Walker had a better season than Tindall and I can’t argue.

These guys are all aliens. Walker covered the Slot for most of the Auburn game and did fine minus one long completion on a stumble. They also had no problem giving him Treylon Burks. I want to take the risks on basically all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad