Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale

Without further comment.

Feels like a good time to remember that PFF hated their best pick in 2022 as part of that grade. It’s weird that they loved that draft because their analysts were not fans of the trade up for Davis. Both Sam and Steve spent the weeks before the draft talking about how you shouldn’t spend a 1 on Davis when you could get Travis Jones a round or two later. Hell, most of that grade was probably Nakobe Dean.

*Edit* Or they included AJB. Not sure how their grades work in this case.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
AND long-snap at the same time.

I read a good piece on long snappers yesterday. It's way harder to find one than I thought it would be and it's not the snapping at all. I always forget that CFB has a rule where you can't touch the long snapper for 1 second, so these guys don't actually practice or have experience with NFL rules where someone is immediately going to put you on your ass, nor do they have to identify who to block since they get a free release. What a weird situation.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I read a good piece on long snappers yesterday. It's way harder to find one than I thought it would be and it's not the snapping at all. I always forget that CFB has a rule where you can't touch the long snapper for 1 second, so these guys don't actually practice or have experience with NFL rules where someone is immediately going to put you on your ass, nor do they have to identify who to block since they get a free release. What a weird situation.

Nerd (said in French accent)

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

Another popular and long-standing mover on draft day might be Eagles GM Howie Roseman, who seems to move up, down and all around each year. Our window doesn't include the recent moves up for wide receiver DeVonta Smith or defensive tackle Jordan Davis or Jalen Carter, but if we exclude Chip Kelly's year in charge in 2015, Roseman's eight other trades up from 2011 to 2019 produced ... 0.1 AV. He successfully moved up for defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, tight end Dallas Goedert and offensive tackle Jordan Mailata, but the jumps for tackle Andre Dillard and quarterback Matt Barkley were less successful. AV also rates the Carson Wentz trade as a negative, given how much it cost and how often he battled injuries in Philadelphia.

Jojo reading long snapper articles instead of draft trade articles. SMH my head

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Shedeur Sanders at +100 (or 300) to go 1OA is a worse bet than the Flyers +5000 preseason to win the Cup thing was. Good lord. At least that had a payoff for taking a huge dog and tying your money up for months on end.
Yeah, seems absolutely wild that he was +100, and now +300, the be 1OA

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
We JUST heard about Rattler getting dinged for being a douche in high school.

I’m pretty hopeful that Colorado will be miserable.

They're only favored by 8.5 at Home to open the year against an FCS team. Granted NDSU went to the Championship game last year, but NDSU was a 14 point underdog in that game on a neutral field.....

Reactions: FatTugboatFlahr

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
439985116_409912658489441_7052605241787844476_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany