OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Still Pick Sixth, They Have A Coach, No QB Though

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't think Parsons is a great fit for what I expect Gannon to want to do fwiw. Jabril Cox is the guy that reminds me of Darius Leonard from a stylistic standpoint. Monster in coverage. Covers a ridiculous amount of ground. Excellent athlete. Doesn't take on blockers well, but looks like he knows where to be against the run. He has to learn how to go under/around blocks.

Please note I am NOT saying Cox will be Darius Leonard. I'm speaking to athletic profiles and stengths/weaknesses when leaving college.

Last edited:

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
I have problems with distinguishing between Ryan Mathews, Jay Ajayi and Jordan Howard in my head.

They just blur together to an image of a bruising RB2 who has his career derailed by injury while on the Eagles.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Just ran a mock draft and came up with this. I would be pretty happy about this if it came out this way.

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 11.23.56 AM.png

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I will not be happy if that's our 1st pick.

Not saying it's a bad pick - just that I won't be happy at all.
Was not what I planned on but all the WRs, Pitts, Surtain, and other OLs were gone. In that situation I think Darrisaw is the best option. Not looking to take Parsons or DL at 12.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Was not what I planned on but all the WRs, Pitts, Surtain, and other OLs were gone. In that situation I think Darrisaw is the best option. Not looking to take Parsons or DL at 12.

I think I'd trade down if that's the scenario. Was Horn gone as well?

If Horn was there, I'd take him likely at 12.

Reactions: phil162888

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think I'd trade down if that's the scenario. Was Horn gone as well?

If Horn was there, I'd take him likely at 12.
Horn may have been there I don't recall. For me if Horn or Darrisaw is the options I'm fine with either. We need both positions but I'd rather give Hurts hopefully more protection.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
We're 3 weeks out and the Flyers helped me find the time to get prepped. All of Horn/Smith/Waddle/Pitts were gone at 12. Surtain and Slater were available.

People would lose their minds if Howie did this. I can't tell you how much I love it. Atlanta came up from 35 to draft an OL. I moved down again from 35 to get Pittsburgh's 2 next year.

Both Campbell and Gowan can play outside and are excellent athletes. Moore's a Slot receiver. Walker is drafted for his return ability.

Mock42a.png

Mock42b.png

Last edited:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
We're 3 weeks out and the Flyers helped me find the time to get prepped. All of Horn/Smith/Waddle/Pitts were gone at 12. Surtain and Slater were available.

People would lose their minds if Howie did this. I can't tell you how much I love it. Atlanta came up from 42 to draft an OL.

Both Campbell and Gowan can play outside and are excellent athletes. Moore's a Slot receiver. Walker is drafted for his return ability.

Mock42a.png

Mock42b.png
I mean with the assets they would collect from this hypothetical to what they already accumulated this team would be able to go and get whatever player they felt they wanted.

I wonder if Rodgers leaves Greenbay next year. I wonder if he would ever consider signing here if we collected enough assets to have him set up for the next 3/4 years....

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

People would lose their minds if Howie did this. I can't tell you how much I love it. Atlanta came up from 42 to draft an OL.

Mock42a.png

Mock42b.png
Didn't draft a UF lad, not realistic by Howie standards.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Mock42a.png

Mock42b.png

Do you think Campbell will last that long? Dalton Miller was talking him up quite a bit a month or so ago, so I got the impression that he might be a riser.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I mean with the assets they would collect from this hypothetical to what they already accumulated this team would be able to go and get whatever player they felt they wanted.

I wonder if Rodgers leaves Greenbay next year. I wonder if he would ever consider signing here if we collected enough assets to have him set up for the next 3/4 years....

I don't think you can pick the QB until you see how the rest of the team develops this year because you might not be ready for a vet. But the idea is to get the QB right at all costs, yep. If Hurts goes nuts, great. If not, you're prepared.

Didn't draft a UF lad, not realistic by Howie standards.

*pours one out for Chauncey*

Do you think Campbell will last that long? Dalton Miller was talking him up quite a bit a month or so ago, so I got the impression that he might be a riser.

I think you're right on here. Both UGA Corners probably go in the 2nd or early 3rd at the latest. They can both play outside and both tested quite well on top of it.

I only did the sim once, so I'll assume it was dumb luck.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I could see Howie trading down for multiple picks in 2021 and 2022.
They're clear about this being a rebuild, and the defense is the primary target.
Given the draft capital they're accumulating, they could focus on a couple studs in the 2022 draft while rebuilding depth.

I also think draft priorities may be very different with the new coaching staff:
1) Sirianni has had good experiences with 2nd-3rd rd picks and UDFAs at WR/TE, so he may not feel the urgency to draft one high
2) OL is pretty solid, if Lane is healthy, dominant, if not, still have Mialata/Dillard and Driscoll as depth
3) DL is solid, needs depth but that allows you to draft development projects for 2-3 years down the road
4) Gannon likes LBs (Minn, Indy) so that may be a higher priority, especially a 3 down type
5) Gannon may like big press CBs, which we lack.

Most of those needs can be filled in the last first to third rounds, maybe only Horn is a good fit at #12.
So trading down would give more "tickets" to fill the biggest holes and build depth.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
3 weeks

Man it's gonna be so disappointing, but I can't wait for the draft.

I have great hope Howie gets this one right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma