South Jersey

c8786e8f-dc6c-4856-9709-8f4b37693d59_text.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Tbf that's max speed. Depending on his acceleration it's possible.
I mean that would depend on one’s definition of fastest. Top speed? 100m? 40 yard dash?

At its core saying that someone that clocked in at the 14th fastest speed has an argument that they’re the fastest is kind of ridiculous because most will view it as top speed fastest.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I mean that would depend on one’s definition of fastest. Top speed? 100m? 40 yard dash?

At its core saying that someone that clocked in at the 14th fastest speed has an argument that they’re the fastest is kind of ridiculous because most will view it as top speed fastest.
Who would win in a race is usually what people equate to fastest - especially in football.

The little i've seen from NHL data, by top speed McDavid isn't the fastest player in the league. I think most would say McDavid is the fastest player in the league. Because it doesn't reward guys who hit their top speed quicker than most (and play to their speed in hockey in particular). Baseball's statcast sprint speed brings up similar discussions.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Who would win in a race is usually what people equate to fastest - especially in football.

The little i've seen from NHL data, by top speed McDavid isn't the fastest player in the league. I think most would say McDavid is the fastest player in the league. Because it doesn't reward guys who hit their top speed quicker than most (and play to their speed in hockey in particular). Baseball's statcast sprint speed brings up similar discussions.
I don’t know which play Watkins was clocked at that speed but I would guess it was the long pass against the 49ers which was essentially straight line speed which wouldn’t be that far off of what would happen in a race.

Edit: Yep, it was that play.

Reagor also recorded the 11th fastest speed. McLane didn’t mention that.

1659388645256.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad