OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Heading Into Draft Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
WIP has been talking about Sirianni saying Barnett has high football IQ for two days now.

I get it's radio, but you can have high football IQ and still be a bonehead after the play.

WIP has been insufferable for me the past week. Between making up controversies, agonizing over random quotes from the owner, and discounting the fact that we have a whole NFL Draft where we have three 1sts...I'm taking a break from them.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I cant tell from my phone - where is Hurts on that chart?

Hurts fits justttttttttt in the "Throws Deep & Is Accurate" quartile

That chart sucks. Please don't use it. Absolute gobbledygook. The labels are even worse. That's not how you determine such things.

It terrifies me that the Eagles paid that man.

Not even 11 AM and JoJo said my shared tweet sucks. Well I'm just gonna go back to bed now.

Where would one find a more accurate chart, sir?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Not even 11 AM and JoJo said my shared tweet sucks. Well I'm just gonna go back to bed now.

Where would one find a more accurate chart, sir?

You do not suck! Warren Sharp does though. It's just a very weird way to determine the quadrants and/or conclusions to draw. The information contained within is fine if you understand what it's actually telling you. ADoT can be useful as a difficulty proxy for example, but it's crude and non-specific.

If you wanted to determine how accurate someone is as a deep thrower, you would look at accuracy on deep throws. Here's one source:

Now with Hurts, I would argue that his problem on deep throws is not his arm. It's him being late to the windows. The good of this is that I think his arm is better than many do. The bad side is that his anticipation is still a major problem.

If you wanted to determine accuracy relative to overall difficulty, we already have a much better metric for that -- Completion Percentage Above Expected. It's on the X Axis here:

image.png

Last edited:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Mayhaps the Kyle Hamilton slide starts becoming a thing now. Also maybe the fact that the insiders are starting to get more info from NFL teams about how highly they view certain prospects becomes more prevalent in all the new mocks. Or it's all a lie and smokescreen and nobody knows what's going to happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mayhaps the Kyle Hamilton slide starts becoming a thing now. Also maybe the fact that the insiders are starting to get more info from NFL teams about how highly they view certain prospects becomes more prevalent in all the new mocks. Or it's all a lie and smokescreen and nobody knows what's going to happen.
People lie all throughout the year but they lie the most about the draft.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad