OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Draft Month (First Round - April 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
News flash, Howie talks to every GM about potential draft day trades.
You think those trades are made in 10 minutes between picks?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
News flash, Howie talks to every GM about potential draft day trades.
You think those trades are made in 10 minutes between picks?

Well I already acknowledged the tweet wasn't necessarily "news", but I just wanted to chat.

No need to be a jerk about it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well I already acknowledged the tweet wasn't necessarily "news", but I just wanted to chat.

No need to be a jerk about it.

I'm not dissing you, but the media that jumps on every phone call as evidence a deal is about to go down.
"Let's fill empty space with fake news."

It's interesting that most of the deals that do go down aren't predicted by the media, probably because when negotiations get serious, both parties will fire anyone who leaks before they can complete the deal. So most of the leaks tend to be non-events or deliberate misinformation.

I mean there were no hints we were going to trade with Miami.

On the other hand, Wentz to Indy didn't require inside information, and not sure how much of the Chicago interest was alternative facts leaked by the Eagles to make it look like there were alternative suitors or actual leaks out of Chicago.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Can't stop running these mock drafts! Did some wheeling and dealing in this one. I chose Farley over Waddle at 15. Horn, Smith, and Surtain were all gone at 12. Waddle, Farley, Darrisaw, and Slater were who I was choosing between at 12 so I traded back and they were all still there at 15. Tried to trade back further but couldn't get a deal done. Traded back up to grab Jabril Cox at 62

pff_mock_results.png

Reactions: Young Sandwich

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I honestly cannot even really think of too much off the top of my head. Not that I’ve done extensive research on the draft. Like Marvin Wilson was a big name coming into the past season but he tumbled.

Barmore's a no-doubt 1st rounder. I just don't want to take him at 12. The two I generally like are Milton Williams from La Tech and Bobby Brown from TAMU, but those are end of Day 2 or early Day 3 types. There just aren't many.

I haven't and probably won't get to Alim McNeil from NC St, but he's supposedly a true NT who isn't useless rushing the passer. Levi Onwuzurike from Washington opted out, so there's very little to go on from him.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Can't stop running these mock drafts! Did some wheeling and dealing in this one. I chose Farley over Waddle at 15. Horn, Smith, and Surtain were all gone at 12. Waddle, Farley, Darrisaw, and Slater were who I was choosing between at 12 so I traded back and they were all still there at 15. Tried to trade back further but couldn't get a deal done. Traded back up to grab Jabril Cox at 62

View attachment 424256

I mean, I'd be almost thrilled if that's how the draft fell in the first 3 picks.

I'd probably rather take Waddle at 15 since the injury to Farley terrifies me, but I can't hate.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bird in the hand. I'm happy with #12 and another 1st round pick in a much deeper draft (and more information on draftees) next season.
And we'll see what happens on draft day.

Of course, what happens if the scouting department decides Barmore is the BPA at 12?
Should Howie listen to his scouts or the fans? :sarcasm:

I'd be tempted to keep trading down and stockpiling 2022 picks, this is going to be such a hit and miss draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad