OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Now, Here's A Team Who Just Won The Super Bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
This is actually one of the best posts this forum has ever seen.

I feel for Carson, he seems like such a great guy, its a shame, really hoped THIS was the year...feel like a broken record yeah.

But with sports fandom its important to realize...we all still have to go to work on Monday morning.

Like...we weren't even supposed to be here this year! Everything to this point has been gravy. I predicted this team was either going to be 4-12 or 12-4, nothing in between....shit they might end up 13-3!!! Folks need to take a step back and rationalize things.

Reactions: JXC

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
last few pages of this thread do comically go through the 7 stages of grief in less than 24 hours

[post above: acceptance->hope]

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
I still have some hope, mainly because Foles was our QB when I started following the NFL tightly. And any QB playing for Jeff Fisher the last few years looked like shit.

He does have some qualities and I hope this team can overcome his defficencies. I think that this is also a chance for Doug to show that he can lead this team and not let them lose hope.

Reactions: JXC and cg41386

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I blame Lane Johnson. If he doesn't hold the DE on that play Carson gets sacked or forced into a non-play.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
No amount of home field advantage can make up for losing an MVP QB for a backup QB. If this team had a truly elite and dominate defense and run game, maybe there's some hope, but he's throwing the ball 30-40 times per game, sometimes more. The defense and run game are probably championship caliber, but not without a great passing game which we simply don't have without Wentz. Pack it in, boys. It's over.

On a side note, Johnny Football reportedly seen boarding a plane to Philly. Now if that happens we still have a chance!
You are acting like foles is a bum, he had the 3rd highest qbr over an entire season just a few years ago, arguably hes one of the best back ups in the league

Reactions: cg41386

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Dr Andrews who is doing the surgery this week says it most likely will take 9-12 months before he’s ready. Guarantee if all goes well with the surgery it will be closer to 8 months with the way Carson will attack rehab.

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Dr Andrews who is doing the surgery this week says it most likely will take 9-12 months before he’s ready. Guarantee if all goes well with the surgery it will be closer to 8 months with the way Carson will attack rehab.

You tell him to take it easy, 9 months will do just fine. We've got a lot riding on that wheel of his, no need to rush for an extra month.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I’ll put it this way. He will be ready for game 1 next season.
Please tell him not to rush. Listen to his doctors/physical therapists and do exactly what they say when they say. One of the worse things you can do is try to hard to come back too soon from such an injury.

For someone like himself with the bravado/machismo he has about being tough, it might be incredibly difficult to be patient, but following doctor's advice will be the best.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It was one of those fluke things, noncontact injury, happens all the time, could have happened avoiding the rush, happened trying to score a TD in a key game - at least it wasn't on a meaningless play in a meaningless game.

Foles knows the offense from KC, has starting experience, working with three excellent QB coaches and has three "practice" games to get ready for the playoffs. You really can't set it up better for a backup QB. No, he's not Wentz, but he's not chopped liver either. Frank Reich wasn't Jim Kelly but he got the Bills to a SB.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Don’t have to hear Heath Evans bullshit anymore.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Please tell him not to rush. Listen to his doctors/physical therapists and do exactly what they say when they say.

Apt timing. My uncle recently died by not taking the doctor's advice and left the hospital early. Another relative wasn't listening to treatment and ended up in the ER-- with the condition much worse than it would have been otherwise and may end up losing half an organ. Listen to your doctors. Take all your pills until completion, etc., etc.,etc. The city loves Carson and I'd rather him come back @ 100% with minimal risk of reinjury.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Brady has a hard time winning in Miami he is 4-7 in games in their stadium. interesting stat considering his career record

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
McNabb named in the NFL Network sexual harassment lawsuit
Insert [npi] joke here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad