Recalled/Assigned: Phil Varone called up

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Wow. Congrats to Varone. Free agent signing out of Juniors. Almost didn't pursue pro hockey after not being signed by the Sharks.

Yeah, I wonder too, if this has to do with another roster move or injury.

It seems like we have too many coming on to the roster, back from IR.

Maybe they are waiving Leino.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Why? We have enough guys don't we?

We should have enough. Too many soon. Unless there is an injury we don't know about.

Trade?? Sending player(s) to Amerks so they qualify to play during Olympic break??

Nacho

Special
Aug 8, 2005
wonder what team picks up omark the 2nd time around going on waivers... or if he goes back home...

timnsr72

Jul 5, 2009
Rochester NY
Confused by this, they probably have to be making some sort of other roster move to be making room for him. Plus they are really stripping the Amerks of valuable players that will be needed for a playoff run, when they should be stacking the team to prepare for playoffs.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
If they actually intend for Pysyk to play in Rochester for the Olympic break he needs to be sent down by Friday evening

Rebirth

Oct 20, 2012
wonder what team picks up omark the 2nd time around going on waivers... or if he goes back home...

Someone will pick him up incase he’s waived. He's actually been looking better and better for each game. He made three nice setups yesterday. Sadly that doesn't seem to be something Nolan appreciates.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Someone will pick him up incase he’s waived. He's actually been looking better and better for each game. He made three nice setups yesterday. Sadly that doesn't seem to be something Nolan appreciates.

He also looked bad on a GA or two, as well...

Rebirth

Oct 20, 2012
He also looked bad on a GA or two, as well...

Yeah like a bunch of others on the team. Just look at Flynn who has been a turnover machine lately. Also the Panthers hit the post numerous times as a result of poor positioning.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

You've said this exact same thing several times. Stop being so dramatic. We have enough of that around here. Any coach appreciates good passes and creating chances. Just stop :facepalm:

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
You've said this exact same thing several times. Stop being so dramatic. We have enough of that around here. Any coach appreciates good passes and creating chances. Just stop :facepalm:

A good pass doesn't mean **** when the guy you're passing it to doesn't score. I assume this is Nolans thought process but who knows? Ville ****ing Leino. Wrap your head around that.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Overdue. Good luck, Phil.

I've really liked his game at the prospect camp that led to him inking a deal with Buffalo.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
huh... I guess I won't see him tomorrow in cleveland at the Lake Erie Monsters game :(, but maybe I'll see him on monday in pittsburgh?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Will be interesting to see if they line him up at center or wing. If it's 4th line center:

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford
Ott-Hodgson-Omark/Leino
Foligno-Flynn-Girgensons
Ellis-Varone-Scott

?

Also possible if Ellis did get hurt (explaining the lack of 2nd period minutes) he could be scratched?

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
A good pass doesn't mean **** when the guy you're passing it to doesn't score. I assume this is Nolans thought process but who knows? Ville ****ing Leino. Wrap your head around that.

Nolan is desperate to get something out of Leino, as all coaches have been. Omark has been a non-factor pretty much since he got here and while swapping them was odd from what I could tell they were swapped because Leino was moving better than Omark, not because of the chances they made.

EDIT: I think Omark has potential but his progression has been slow. I think it's just desperation to get something out of Leino. Nolan hasn't dealt with his **** for as long as us don't forget.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Varone finally gets callup to the NHL

When an American Hockey League coach tells one of his players that they're going up to the NHL, the moment is always exciting.

But when a player hears those words for the first time, well, the body pretty much goes numb and the mind races.

So Phil Varone learned barely an hour ago.

The Rochester Americans' leading scorer learned from coach Chadd Cassidy that he is joining the Buffalo Sabres. Varone was promoted following the Amerks practice this afternoon and very likely will be in a Sabres sweater for Thursday night's game against the Carolina Hurricanes at the First Niagara Center.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Nolan is desperate to get something out of Leino, as all coaches have been. Omark has been a non-factor pretty much since he got here and while swapping them was odd from what I could tell they were swapped because Leino was moving better than Omark, not because of the chances they made.

EDIT: I think Omark has potential but his progression has been slow. I think it's just desperation to get something out of Leino. Nolan hasn't dealt with his **** for as long as us don't forget.

Omark is primarily a great passer/playmaker. He doesn't have some amazing shot or amazing foot speed to create space on his own. Hes gonna need other talented guys around him like Hodgson and Ott... which he never had before. Omark was a huge factor last night playing on the 2nd line, they were creating almost every time they were out there. Anyone who thinks otherwise only looks at the stat sheet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad