Phil Kessel: Countdown to 40 Goals

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Discuss Kessel possibly hitting 40. Maybe discuss how good he is. Maybe talk about how much he means to the team.

DO NOT delve into multiple page arguments about Kessel vs. Bernier for MVP. If you want to discuss the Leafs MVP, start a thread about it

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I think it's good news that we are about to play Philly. They are not a great defensive team to begin with, and swaping Meszaros for McDonald won't change much.

Here's hoping Kessel can add to his total and, more importantly, help the Leafs beat a team on the bubble with us.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I think he'll do it. and that's in spite of a wrist injury earlier in the season that slowed him down for a good 10 games.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
This reminds me of when Mark McGwire was on The Simpsons. "Do you want to know the terrifying truth? Or do you want to see me sock a few dingers!?"

Nothing like a distraction I suppose.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Kessel not getting to 40 this year will bother me more than missing the playoffs.
40 should have been a lock.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
No pressure situation, against a pair of non playoff opponents, that are both below the Leafs in most goals against.

The table is set for Kessel to hit 40.

A hattrick in the one of final games would not be surprising.

Un33q

Apr 8, 2010
Toronto
This reminds me of when Mark McGwire was on The Simpsons. "Do you want to know the terrifying truth? Or do you want to see me sock a few dingers!?"

Nothing like a distraction I suppose.

simp8.jpg

Lol. So true. It's good to ease the pain somehow with a silver lining.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
No pressure situation, against a pair of non playoff opponents, that are both below the Leafs in most goals against.

The table is set for Kessel to hit 40.

A hattrick in the one of final games would not be surprising.

playing florida and ottawa, he should be able to do it. in true leaf form i fully expect the leafs to win the next 2 games in order to ensure we get the absolutely worst pick we can get

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad