Eklund Rumor: PHI offering TOR a defenseman for William Nylander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
No, he could and he did sign his core. We will see if they can contend or not.
Well they didn’t even make the playoffs last years so, nothing like signing 4 big contracts just for some first round exits and non playoff contention

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Well they didn’t even make the playoffs last years so, nothing like signing 4 big contracts just for some first round exits and non playoff contention
From every single post in this thread it’s Toronto saying there players are better than phillys no matter who’s brought up, reilly>prov Muzzin>sanheim muzzin>myers nylander> whoever was said, if your team is so golden and better than the flyers why can’t your team make it into the playoffs or past the first round. Stop being homers and look and realize that your team isn’t as good as you think every player you have isn’t a star, and realize you need to make moves to contend

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
That is not why they signed them. But you are right. In the last two years they have lost in the first round and have lost the qualifier. They need to be better, and addressing depth is what they have attempted to so. So as it has only been a couple of seasons. We will see if they can contend.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
From every single post in this thread it’s Toronto saying there players are better than phillys no matter who’s brought up, reilly>prov Muzzin>sanheim muzzin>myers nylander> whoever was said, if your team is so golden and better than the flyers why can’t your team make it into the playoffs or past the first round. Stop being homers and look and realize that your team isn’t as good as you think every player you have isn’t a star, and realize you need to make moves to contend
They haven't yet, but it doesn't mean they can't.

Reactions: Tarmore

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
So what? He still traded for him. Excuses, excuses...
And now hes gone, and Dubas has his first choice. Almost like it was a risk that didnt work out but was worth taking.
What a dumb argument, he traded for a person who he hoped could help the roster with no risk, that opened up cap space for him to sign the guy he really wanted.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
If the Leafs were going to trade for someone to play with Rielly, it would be a stay at home guy, to let Rielly get back to the 70 point dman he can be. He's not the liability that guys like Karlsson or Mike Green are/were, but when he's playing his offensive game, he's not the best defensively. Average at best. He cna play the role of defensive dman, reasonably well, and has done that for the Leafs in the past, but he's never brought both the high end offensive game, and high end defensive game, at the same time.

But I can't see Myers being the guy they target to play with Rielly, I just don't think he's good enough to actually be the dman that frees up Rielly to be a 70 point dman again. I think it's pretty clear they're playing him with Brodie. Perhaps a Rielly/Holl pairing might see some ice at times, if there are games they go with 2 balanced pairings (Rielly/Holl and Muzzin/Brodie, instead of Rielly/Brodie and Muzzin/Holl), but Muzzin and Holl meshed pretty well last year as a decent shutdown pairing. My guess is they want to see if Rielly Brodie can bring the offense and be responsible as well, first.

Regardless, there is no way in hell Myers is worth Nylander, not really even close.
There's no way in hell Flyers trade Myers signed at 2.55 x 3 for Nylander at 6.9M x 4. Toronto would be pretty foolish to not do that with the contracts they currently have imo. If both players were making close to the same money then sure, Nylander would have more value, as is he doesn't.

Reactions: Breeze 44

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
There's no way in hell Flyers trade Myers signed at 2.55 x 3 for Nylander at 6.9M x 4. Toronto would be pretty foolish to not do that with the contracts they currently have imo. If both players were making close to the same money then sure, Nylander would have more value, as is he doesn't.

If they were to trade nylander they actually look for something decemt back.

You like myers so much keep him and stop peddling your third rate players to others claiming hes good. No buyers here.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Tampa got swept last year, did that mean they suck. Shit happens. Anything happens in a 5 game round. Stop using a small sample size to try and prove your point.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I think your are spot on.

I also think Toronto will be reluctant to make anymore changes on the dcorp because the Seattle expansion draft. The current roster composition is optimized to expose very little talent for Seattle to poach on.

And should Toronto fail to make progress this post season, Dubas will need to make more drastic changes or heads will roll.

If Toronto gets ousted in first round once again i seriously think that Dubas is gone regardles of what he does.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Only thing this proves is that this chart is useless, as most charts are.
If you say so. It is curious that people like making these kinds of calls with little to go by though. I mean I watch every leafs game and would have difficulty refuting these kinds of statements without a quick peak at some metrics. Superstars are easy because everyone is always paying attention but this tier of "good" players is a lot more difficult.
People must watch a crapload of saved hockey games because it couldnt be true that they are just immature know-it alls that are too clueless to be prepared to defend their bold statements.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Tampa got swept last year, did that mean they suck. Shit happens. Anything happens in a 5 game round. Stop using a small sample size to try and prove your point.
They also came back the next year and won the cup..... you’re also using a team who actually has been on the brink of contention and everyone knew they were going to win, they have one of the best goalies in the league, an unreal defense core and great forwards, they pretty much won a cup without stamkos who is practically your matthews or marner, if you guys lost one of them for an entire season you’d be competing for first overall

Reactions: Breeze 44

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

Sure, but if they're going to make moves, it should be for players that help them do that.

Myers? Does not. Provorov? Maybe... I'm not a fan, but he seems to be a pretty polarized player. Flyers fans love him, others do not.

The thing is, they have made moves.... They just brought in Brodie. Whether it works or not, we'll see, but it's definitely a move attempted to address a weakness. So is Bogosian, albeit a lower end move. More for depth, but still a move, and he may not even see much ice.

So there have definitely been attempts to improve the D. Barrie out, Brodie in. Bogosian as a injury replacement/depth insurance. Plus Sandin improvement, and the potential for Liljegren to crack the lineup.

There is quite a bit of potential for the Leafs D to improve quite a bit, so let's not act like they're just sitting there.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
They also came back the next year and won the cup..... you’re also using a team who actually has been on the brink of contention and everyone knew they were going to win, they have one of the best goalies in the league, an unreal defense core and great forwards, they pretty much won a cup without stamkos who is practically your matthews or marner, if you guys lost one of them for an entire season you’d be competing for first overall
yes, I think that's the point.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Sure, but if they're going to make moves, it should be for players that help them do that.

Myers? Does not. Provorov? Maybe... I'm not a fan, but he seems to be a pretty polarized player. Flyers fans love him, others do not.

The thing is, they have made moves.... They just brought in Brodie. Whether it works or not, we'll see, but it's definitely a move attempted to address a weakness. So is Bogosian, albeit a lower end move. More for depth, but still a move, and he may not even see much ice.

So there have definitely been attempts to improve the D. Barrie out, Brodie in. Bogosian as a injury replacement/depth insurance. Plus Sandin improvement, and the potential for Liljegren to crack the lineup.

There is quite a bit of potential for the Leafs D to improve quite a bit, so let's not act like they're just sitting there.
I’d like to know how a player who would be your top rhd doesn’t make your team better, not even talking about the trade at this point but myers makes your team significantly better, him and reilly would play first pair, with Brodie and Muzzin on second pair, you’re in the same boat as flyers not a ton of ready rhd players to say myers would not help your team is completely absurd I’m positive he would have a positive impact going to any team in the league, I personally have no interest in trading for nylander I don’t think he does anything for our team except push a prospect out I’d rather stick with our core

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
They have a clear cut better shot than the leafs, thanks for the words of encouragement
Except Vegas doesn't seem to agree. They are 15/1 vs 16/1 for the Leafs. A far cry from 'clear cut better shot'. Flyers have some good young talent and some decent aging vets. They have a good shot. But so do the Leafs. And I like this year's Leaf team better than last year's. So we'll roll the dice again and see where we end up.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I’d like to know how a player who would be your top rhd doesn’t make your team better, not even talking about the trade at this point but myers makes your team significantly better, him and reilly would play first pair, with Brodie and Muzzin on second pair, you’re in the same boat as flyers not a ton of ready rhd players to say myers would not help your team is completely absurd I’m positive he would have a positive impact going to any team in the league, I personally have no interest in trading for nylander I don’t think he does anything for our team except push a prospect out I’d rather stick with our core

Yeah right, sure he'd be on the first line..... According to you.

If he's so great, keep him. Stop trying to convince us we should want him, because it's rather pointless, isn't it? Trying to convince someone that we should want a player that we don't want, while simultaneously saying you want to keep him? What's the point?

Keep him then. You want to keep him, we don't want him, problem solved!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad