Waived: [PHI] G Cal Petersen waived by the Flyers (cleared)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Who is Philly bringing in to replace him? Hart's still on leave, yeah? They trading for a goalie now?

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Maybe hughes found someone to take Allen without retention. Montambault getting a 2nd consecutive start tomorrow too.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Something has to be in the works, because Sandstrom is putting up Petersen like numbers in the AHL, they can't afford to call him up when they're about to play 15 games in 30 days
But only 2 b2b. Longest trip is Tampa. Could see a Carolina goalie, Spencer Martin.

Last edited:

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Who is their new backup, Sandstrom?
Possibly out of necessity, but certainly not by choice. Sandstrom's been pretty dire this year himself. I wouldn't be shocked if we have a deal in place for one of our trade bait players that just got expanded to include a warm body who knows how to avoid cramming a blocker up his nose.

• Haha
Reactions: Amorgus and CDN24

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Dont get your hopes up. Extra year is a deal breaker.
Hart will not be available next year either It would make sense for philly if they can acquire him at no cost. They may want Primeau as well with the being from there angle. I suspect Philly has a trade in place that will be completed once Pettersson is sent down freeing up a roster spot. Maybe they made a trade for one of the bigger name goalies out there like Markstrom

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
I have a soft spot for Cal Petersen because he played for my beloved Topeka Roadrunners. 2 games, went 1-0-1 with a 1.86 GAA and a .925 SP.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Hart will not be available next year either It would make sense for philly if they can acquire him at no cost. They may want Primeau as well with the being from there angle. I suspect Philly has a trade in place that will be completed once Pettersson is sent down freeing up a roster spot. Maybe they made a trade for one of the bigger name goalies out there like Markstrom
Markstrom? No chance
Primeau .884 in 34 gp vs Sandstrom .887 in 25 gp

there are a few ufas out there in La, Car, Tor

and we dont know about Hart. Do you?

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Markstrom? No chance
Primeau .884 in 34 gp vs Sandstrom .887 in 25 gp

there are a few ufas out there in La, Car, Tor

and we dont know about Hart. Do you?
If they want to stay in the race the need someone this year a UFA does not help this year.

Hart won't be available next year. A trial date has not been set yet. given the time required to mount a defense, a crap ton of pre trial motions etc- I doubt the trial starts until 2025. No way it is resolved before next season starts.

Guilty or innocent in a court of law- not sure anyone touches any of those guys after this

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
If they want to stay in the race the need someone this year a UFA does not help this year.

Hart won't be available next year. A trial date has not been set yet. given the time required to mount a defense, a crap ton of pre trial motions etc- I doubt the trial starts until 2025. No way it is resolved before next season starts.

Guilty or innocent in a court of law- not sure anyone touches any of those guys after this
Agree on slow justice
What do you mean a UFA doesnt help this year?

that goalie will play 5 games max.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
the last time i remember a Flyers goalie pissing me off that much over one game was Bryz.
D4QlXuEVUAA-cMj.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad