Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] G Aleksei Kolosov signs ELC with the Flyers (3 years, $925k AAV)

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
For half a second I thought it said Alexei Kovalev. I almost thought that wouldn't have been a bad signing for Philly.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Flyers 3rd best prospect. This guy is Uber talented and has legitimate starter potential

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
I always wondered how anyone could have problems adapting to NA. This is not Congo or Mongolia. What are you missing, borscht, pierogies, matryoshka? You are a professional athlete and you have to think about your career. Once you hang them up you can live wherever you want.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I always wondered how anyone could have problems adapting to NA. This is not Congo or Mongolia. What are you missing, borscht, pierogies, matryoshka? You are a professional athlete and you have to think about your career. Once you hang them up you can live wherever you want.

US culture is far different then Russia

Language barrier also is big part I would imagine

Also, I think being stuck behind a bum like Petersen in AHL is not exactly thrilling and seems pointless to bring kid over and then block him from playing

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Could be what the rumor was. I think it’s a lot more to do with the fact that they didn’t play him once in the AHL playoffs. He also may have multiple goalies to jump over.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
22 years old, language barrier, no friends or family around. 90 % of your teammates are Canadian or North American, and the other 10 % are Swedish or Finnish. As an AHL player, you are based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, which is not exactly a thriving metropolis compared to a big NHL market. You hope he'd give it a bit more of a go, but it's not exactly crazy that if it's not the NHL or the big NHL payday they'd feel more comfortable playing close to home.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
22 years old, language barrier, no friends or family around. 90 % of your teammates are Canadian or North American, and the other 10 % are Swedish or Finnish. As an AHL player, you are based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, which is not exactly a thriving metropolis compared to a big NHL market. You hope he'd give it a bit more of a go, but it's not exactly crazy that if it's not the NHL or the big NHL payday they'd feel more comfortable playing close to home.
I understand it but he is a professional athlete first of all. For example Khudobin has been playing for years in AHL before put up a pretty decent career in NHL

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I understand it but he is a professional athlete first of all. For example Khudobin has been playing for years in AHL before put up a pretty decent career in NHL
Khudobin wasn't a KHL starting goalie at age 18. Kolosov knows he doesn't need AHL exactly because he is a professional athelete. He gets paid like 1/5 of the salary he gets in Minsk, lives in small town and plays for the team nobody cares about. He sits there and thinks, "why do I need this?".

In his position he has a fair bit of leverage, you make it out like he's someone to whom the AHL is the only chance to further his career, somehow.

Musampa

Aug 3, 2015
Khudobin wasn't a KHL starting goalie at age 18. Kolosov knows he doesn't need AHL exactly because he is a professional athelete. He gets paid like 1/5 of the salary he gets in Minsk, lives in small town and plays for the team nobody cares about. He sits there and thinks, "why do I need this?".

In his position he has a fair bit of leverage, you make it out like he's someone to whom the AHL is the only chance to further his career, somehow.
I just think he has a great chance to play in NHL as soon as second part of next season. I don’t believe in Flyers goalies, especially Fedotov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad