Claimed off Waivers: [PHI] Flyers claim F Lukas Sedlak off waivers from the Avalanche

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Damn. Understandable though since he came from the blue jackets system and knows torts. Happy for him to continue to get a shot in the NHL

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Anyone remember Torts' Jackets team that had 108 pts and won 16 straight? Sedlak was his 4C.

He was a solid player, good size and speed and played hard. He could have stayed in the league but wanted to be 1C in Europe. I don't know if he can still measure up in the NHL but I like the pickup by the Flyers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Anyone remember Torts' Jackets team that had 108 pts and won 16 straight? Sedlak was his 4C.

He was a solid player, good size and speed and played hard. He could have stayed in the league but wanted to be 1C in Europe. I don't know if he can still measure up in the NHL but I like the pickup by the Flyers.
The Avs fans think he looked awful....

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
On behalf of the Colorado Avalanche organization and its fans around the world, I'm so sorry Flyers fans...

Reactions: ljb4

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Lukas Sedlak is a defensive 4C that’s decent on the walls and in the corners but not much of an offensive threat. Sedlak was a decent faceoff man in his time with Columbus but spent the last 3 seasons in the KHL with Traktor Chelyabinsk.

Lukas Sedlak was going to sign a contract with Pardubice but took an out clause to sign back in the NHL with Colorado, the avs were probably going to stash him in Loveland had he cleared waivers but Philly placed a claim to reunite Sedlak with Torts.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
3 was enough of a sample size.

Well, I guess it's more than the two games Chris Kunitz got in an Atlanta Thrashers uniform before being waived, and then proceeding to play over 1000 games, scoring 600 points, winning four Stanley Cups and an Olympic gold.

It's almost as if players can fit in in different ways with different teams.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
An AHL/NHL tweener. These players litter every single NHL club and their AHL affiliates.

This guy is definitely a tier below NAK as players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad