Confirmed Buy-Out [PHI] Flyers buy out F Oskar Lindblom

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
My lord are the Flyers “possibly” doing some weird shit. What are the likely players that are moved to get the 8 + mil off the books ? JVR plus who else ?
He is still a decent player and somewhat takes away from their team.
Rumor has had Provorov on the trade block, Ellis too. Both of whom have their value at an all time low. It's not the year to trade those guys, but if they sign Gaudreau it's gotta be Konecny, Provorov or Ellis doesn't it? I think you'd have to pay to move Ellis. The other 2 would get you a return, just not what it should be coming off bad performances in 2 consecutive years.

I remember Philly fans telling me Konecny was better than Gaudreau. It was pretty amusing then, even more so now.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Rumor has had Provorov on the trade block, Ellis too. Both of whom have their value at an all time low. It's not the year to trade those guys, but if they sign Gaudreau it's gotta be Konecny, Provorov or Ellis doesn't it? I think you'd have to pay to move Ellis. The other 2 would get you a return, just not what it should be coming off bad performances in 2 consecutive years.

I remember Philly fans telling me Konecny was better than Gaudreau. It was pretty amusing then, even more so now.
No, they just need to trade JVR.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
It’s kind of funny watching Flyers fans complain that their management often makes too many roster decisions out of loyalty and then at the same time complain about this move because management should have been more loyal to Lindblom.

The move sucks less because of "loyalty" reasons and more because its a buyout in a slight over payment - for only one year at that - just so the team can go hog wild on more crazy UFA overpays like they always do.

Years of mismanagement have left them needing to squeeze every $1m possible just to field a team that might squeek into the playoffs. It's pathetic.

As far as Oskar goes, he's overpaid by 1 million right now and there is plenty of meat left on the bone for him to live up to that contract. It's the type of asset management that bottom feeders do on a regular basis.

Reactions: Cootsfanclub

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
No, they just need to trade JVR.
Needs to be more than JVR. He's a 7M cap hit. They need to sign 3 forwards after minimum. Assuming Gaudreau is 11M per they would have -549K in cap space with 9 forwards signed. You probably want a spare forward on the roster too I would think.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Needs to be more than JVR. He's a 7M cap hit. They need to sign 3 forwards after minimum. Assuming Gaudreau is 11M per they would have -549K in cap space with 9 forwards signed. You probably want a spare forward on the roster too I would think.

10% over the cap in the offseason, then LTIR Ryan Ellis

It's solved even if I think it's a stupid idea.

Reactions: JRichard

Rebel247

Mar 19, 2022
Was Lindblom a Hextall pick? Wonder if he takes a stab at him.
Wasn’t he trying to move Kapanen most of last season? At this point Oscar is slower, softer and just as inconsistent offensively.

It is a shame. Oscar was looking like a nice young 3rd maybe 2nd line player before his diagnosis. I hope he gets back to his old self.

Rebel247

Mar 19, 2022
I'd say it's 50/50 but that's mostly a gut feeling. He's never hinted at (LTI)retiring.
Reading between the lines of Fletch’s last presser, it seems like if rehab doesn’t cure Ellis’ issues then he might not play again.
Flyers have wanted him to get surgery since last year but Ellis is opposed. If rehab doesnt work then he’ll need surgery which would keep out this season. He won’t even try skating until August I thought they said.
At 32, he may not want to have to come back after sitting out 2 seasons. Seems destined for LTIR.

Reactions: Cootsfanclub

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Reading between the lines of Fletch’s last presser, it seems like if rehab doesn’t cure Ellis’ issues then he might not play again.
Flyers have wanted him to get surgery since last year but Ellis is opposed. If rehab doesnt work then he’ll need surgery which would keep out this season. He won’t even try skating until August I thought they said.
At 32, he may not want to have to come back after sitting out 2 seasons. Seems destined for LTIR.
The ltir scenario is pretty much best case scenario. Allows for 6 mil over cap. Oskar was 3. Just spread JG deal accordingly.

trade JVR at tdl for a 2nd. 7 more mil next season on a higher cap.

Reactions: Rebel247

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Interesting. Suiting up for the Flyers or suiting up period? I'd tend to agree with the first one and doubt the second.
Either one is a solid bet. Every update of his situation moves the goalposts back, and if he decides he does need surgery at that point it might be over.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Gaudreau will be back in Calgary a couple of hours before free agency. 8X10.25. I'm never wrong. Philly is targeting someone else.

1657676218831.gif

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Not hard to improve on 1 pt in 19 first games. Looked better in Dec 7 in 7, but 3 pts march, 4 pts April.

got to play cheaper guys on bottom 6.
the problem the Flyers have is that they have tons of cheaper guys, but none of them are NHL calibre! so before you discard the $3 million dollar 3rd line tweener who's shown you something, figure out if the other 6-8 AHL/CHL/NCAA rookies you are counting on to fill 30% of your roster can actually compete for a season in the NHL.

But no. They want Johnny Hockey and some moronic dream of competing, after last season's showcase of lifetime AHL'rs in f/t NHL roles times...about 4.5 players?

The dream is dumb. But nobody of any note will confess to ComCast "yeah, it's mostly hopeless".

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Feels a lot like he's pittsburgh bound, doesn't it?

For one, he's a Hextall guy. But pittsburgh also need a cheap guy that might outproduce his contract, like Heinen last year. 1.5m/1 year is my bet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad