Proposal: PHI-Calgary shake up

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hey guys. I also suffer from a condition that affects everyone in a unique way, lemme tell you how you are wrong and how much of an expert I am.

I think people were just pointing out that if his migraines are tied to pressure, weather or wind... Calgary is a city to avoid.

Reactions: MakeCgyGreatAgain

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I think people were just pointing out that if his migraines are tied to pressure, weather or wind... Calgary is a city to avoid.

I think the callout is that the original post in question made it seem like it was an absolute that he would have migraine issues if he went there. Not everyone's migraines are triggered by the same things, so its not definitive at all. These arent like allergens where because im allergic to shellfish if you put me in an area that has shellfish im going to be allergic. Its entirely feasible that it would have no additional effect on him.

tl;dr Its not the idea of it affecting him thats being questioned, its the "i know because" matter of fact statement for a condition that affects everyone completely differently.

Reactions: BrokenStix

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think the callout is that the original post in question made it seem like it was an absolute that he would have migraine issues if he went there. Not everyone's migraines are triggered by the same things, so its not definitive at all. These arent like allergens where because im allergic to shellfish if you put me in an area that has shellfish im going to be allergic. Its entirely feasible that it would have no additional effect on him.

tl;dr Its not the idea of it affecting him thats being questioned, its the "i know because" matter of fact statement for a condition that affects everyone completely differently.

100 man

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If Patrick could live here, I’d love him out in Western Canada where he originally cut his teeth.

He hasn’t panned out as planned in Philly, and it’s understandable with his health issues. But he’s a big, young, right handed centre Darryl Sutter would crave. Not sure if Philly wants to move on to improve the roster short term?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If Patrick could live here, I’d love him out in Western Canada where he originally cut his teeth.

He hasn’t panned out as planned in Philly, and it’s understandable with his health issues. But he’s a big, young, right handed centre Darryl Sutter would crave. Not sure if Philly wants to move on to improve the roster short term?

To the bolded: We shouldn't. Now, our GM is an imbecile, so its entirely possible they do, but theyd have to have another solution in hand for 3C. For the life of me i hope they dont think that solution is Scott Laughton, but I suppose we'll see.

Patrick doesnt have enough value currently and hes still way too young (hes still only 22) to give up on, given his pedigree. The Flyers generally dont pick low enough in the draft to have that 'throw away' attitude with a 2nd overall pick (At least, not now that Holmgren is "gone").

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Hey guys. I also suffer from a condition that affects everyone in a unique way, lemme tell you how you are wrong and how much of an expert I am.
He very well may suffer differently than I do. But if I’m the GM of Calgary I’m not taking that risk and hoping it doesn’t affect Patrick the way it affects many Calgarians. If I’m trading a top player I want the best return for my asset. No way am I taking a major risk and HOPING it works out for him here. If Patrick is the best offer I’m getting then I’m not making that trade.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
This is a pointless argument and at this point is only cluttering the thread. It has already been cleared up that there is a good chance Patricks migraines could rekindle in Calgary due to the weather, hell one of the reasons it may not be happening this year is the lack of travel. I personally don't get them often but when I do it's from long flights and dehydration.

The point is Patrick is kind of very high risk here with not exactly a good chance at getting rewarded
Exactly my point. Many people on here mention all the time they don’t want to trade for a guy or sign a guy because they have concussion history or torn ACL or shoulder issues. Players have all kinds of injuries and conditions and when Managers are contemplating bringing them in it needs to be taken into consideration. That’s all players because it’s a rough sport and their bodies go through a lot. It’s sad that fans can judge a player who’s given up his health and well being for our entertainment. But unfortunately that’s the nature of the business. I do hope Patrick can recover and it doesn’t bother him and he can have a successful career. I do have inside knowledge of many health problems that I have so I can relate to many players who are suffering from similar things.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If I am the Flames I don't touch Giroux for Gaudreau. What is the point of getting significantly older, if Giroux can't push Philly over the top, he isn't doing it in Calgary.
Get something for Gaudreau before he walks as a UFA.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Honestly, we don't need to trade anything of value for Gaudreau. He'll just sign here as a free agent in a few years.

Traptor

Mar 2, 2021
Honestly, we don't need to trade anything of value for Gaudreau. He'll just sign here as a free agent in a few years.
Maybe. And that's a few years. I think philly is close but it's not like they are flying high right now. Giroux, JVR and Vorachek will be two years older and Couturier will be coming off his sweetheart contract. Not saying Gaudreau is the play necessarily but they should do something because I think they're in their window

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Maybe. And that's a few years. I think philly is close but it's not like they are flying high right now. Giroux, JVR and Vorachek will be two years older and Couturier will be coming off his sweetheart contract. Not saying Gaudreau is the play necessarily but they should do something because I think they're in their window

Yeah I agree. They need a top 4 defensemen and then a game changer on offense. I'd prefer someone who can score 35+ goals a season, but there aren't many of them available.

piemeister

Mar 26, 2021
Gaudreau doesn't address our desperate defensive needs and Giroux is, with maybe 3 or 4 other players, untouchable right now. He has given blood, sweat, and tears for this sorry franchise and I'll be damned if we don't let him control his destiny.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If Patrick is the lead piece for Gaudreau then it’s an easy yes.

I could also see both these teams looking at Voracek and Gaudreau trade. They have “shakeup” trade written all over them.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Solve Flyers' problem

Markstrom and Gaudreau for Konecny and Hart.

Flyers can go for cup for Giroux and Voracek

Flames can rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad