Proposal: PHI-Calgary shake up

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Gaudreau and Bennett for Giroux and Patrick

Both teams have enigmatic cores, seemingly alternating between red hot stretches and non playoff years. With the rumour that Gaudreau may want to go to Philly as a UFA, and both teams struggling. The cap is nearly even. PHI gives up the youngest and oldest player. Calgary adds two RH shots, one a C and another who can play C if needed.

Essentially play making core winger for play making core winger. Under achieving C for another oft injured young C.

It's unlikely such a deal would be made but I think it could benefit both teams and some players involved.

Reactions: SnipeNCelly and Fig

Ledge And Dairy

I'd say Gaudreau and Andersson for Giroux and Ghost
Yikes, the first deal was already not great for Calgary, this is even worse. I like Giroux and he's still a solid player but he's definitely passed his prime, Gaudreau is still in his prime. Giroux's not waiving anyway.
After that Andersson >>> Ghost

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Hahahah. Why do the Flames do this? Patrick has no value and him in Calgary with his migraine problems won’t be good. Trust me I am a migraine sufferer and I have too many bad days with the weather changes.

Reactions: SnipeNCelly

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hahahah. Why do the Flames do this? Patrick has no value and him in Calgary with his migraine problems won’t be good. Trust me I am a migraine sufferer and I have too many bad days with the weather changes.

I'm sorry that weather changes affect your migraines.

But as a migraine sufferer, you should also know that what causes migraines isn't thr same in every person. It's entirely feasible - and likely, at that - that weather isn't a trigger to his migraines at all. It has absolutely zero effect on mine.

Regarding the actual trade - not a chance. Giroux shouldn't be going anywhere. It may not reflect it on the scoresheet, but he's easily been the flyers best player this year, despite reduced usage from our dipshit coach.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Not sure if it helps the Flyers much but definitely doesn't help the Flames, at best it is a lateral move that makes them older. Patrick is interesting but his value is headed toward Bennett territory lol

Reactions: hmc1987

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019

But as a migraine sufferer, you should also know that what causes migraines isn't thr same in every person. It's entirely feasible - and likely, at that - that weather isn't a trigger to his migraines at all. It has absolutely zero effect on mine.

Regarding the actual trade - not a chance. Giroux shouldn't be going anywhere. It may not reflect it on the scoresheet, but he's easily been the flyers best player this year, despite reduced usage from our dipshit coach.

@MakeCgyGreatAgain

I mean Patrick has played all 31 games. Has the weather not changed at all this season? Pretty sure its been a wild year weather wise (and in lots of other ways) so it seems he has the condition completely under control.

Will his hockey get better ? We dont know. Hes not remotely lived up to #2 OA but he was off entire season last year.

Bennet would slot in the same part of lineup here 3/4C and Laughton already fills that reasonably well.

Changing Giroux for Gaudreau (whose more likely to leave and not resign but is also younger) is kind of a wash asset management wise.

I'd pass on deal personally but wouldn't be upset if others supported it

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
@MakeCgyGreatAgain

I mean Patrick has played all 31 games. Has the weather not changed at all this season? Pretty sure its been a wild year weather wise (and in lots of other ways) so it seems he has the condition completely under control.
Just want to touch on this; the Philly weather is starkly different than the Calgary weather that contirbutes to migraines. In Calgary, thanks to the mountains, there is a lot of intense weather changes as well as bursts of hot air called chinooks that, for a lot of people with migraines, are a root cause behind them picking up for no apparent reason in Calgary.

This isn't to say Patrick is 100% going to be, or won't be affected be migraines more in Calgary, but just that there are factors in Calgary (and really, in Alberta as a whole) that impact migraines more than elsewhere afaik

Reactions: MakeCgyGreatAgain

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Gaudreau and Bennett for Giroux and Patrick

Both teams have enigmatic cores, seemingly alternating between red hot stretches and non playoff years. With the rumour that Gaudreau may want to go to Philly as a UFA, and both teams struggling. The cap is nearly even. PHI gives up the youngest and oldest player. Calgary adds two RH shots, one a C and another who can play C if needed.

Essentially play making core winger for play making core winger. Under achieving C for another oft injured young C.

It's unlikely such a deal would be made but I think it could benefit both teams and some players involved.
Take Bennett and Patrick out of this and focus on the two players that remain.

SnipeNCelly

Feb 24, 2019
Gio and Gaudreau for Konecny and Giroux is nice for both sides but chances are gio retires at the end of this year so Gaudreau for Konecny is realistic..both need a change of scenery

Bond

May 10, 2012
Take Bennett and Patrick out of this and focus on the two players that remain.
If I am the Flames I don't touch Giroux for Gaudreau. What is the point of getting significantly older, if Giroux can't push Philly over the top, he isn't doing it in Calgary.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB

You guys don’t understand chinooks. If he suffers from migraines this city will eat him alive.

Reactions: SnipeNCelly

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Hey guys. I also suffer from a condition that affects everyone in a unique way, lemme tell you how you are wrong and how much of an expert I am.

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2