Post-Game Talk: pgt

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
They got humiliated by 2 awful teams Detroit and Washington with Miller and Lindgren and full rest.

They just suck right now and have for about a month now
They have been be of the best records in the NHL since December. It seems your expectation is to go 82-0

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Zib is dying to set up Kreider for that back door tapin

This is why they need to be split up. Put Zib with Laf and Kakko and he’ll never look to pass again lmao
Yup, they're just always trying to be too cute. Same thing with any line Panarin is on. Honestly, the whole forward group actually suffers from this.

I know the slot line pass leads to most dangerous chances but you can't force it every time. Unfortunately, our forward group to a man will always opt to force the cross ice pass whether it's there or not even when the shot is the smarter play.

These cross ice passes failing not only kills the offense and kills what should be good chances but them getting broken up also leads to a considerable amount of the rush chances against because those passes typically happen when the players are all rotating and roving around the OZ so broken up cross ice passes are routinely leading to 3 on 2s against with a forward back or 2 on 1s, etc.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
They have been be of the best records in the NHL since December. It seems your expectation is to go 82-0
Having a good record doesnt always indicate good play. We have good players.

Our advanced metrics suck and really the eye test isnt much better.

Last year we had a great record too, but watching the games it was clear it was mostly bc Pp and shesty.

Why is it so bad to want this team to dominate games and 5 on 5 play? People are so up in arms about others wanting this team to play and look better. To not settle for mediocrity. I dont get it. And yes our play is mediocre no matter what our record says.

If we played like the devils or canes and had the same record as we do now, nobody would be bitching. Instead we routinely get outplayed but yet still do just enough to win. We are not playing to potential. Its obvious.

Im happy we are winning, but unhappy with the way we do.

Reactions: CLW and Kravtsov420

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Wait, how does this make sense? We only dressed 12/5 last night, shouldn't that have counted as the first emergency situation game?

If the reason we couldn't have an emergency call up for yesterday's game was bc the Philly game didn't count as an emergency bc the NHL deemed it our fault for being in the situation because we made the trade on the same day, then shouldn't yesterday's game then been considered an emergency situation bc Lindgren was hurt and Miller was suspended?

If they're still using the trade as a "they put themselves in that situation" justification for not allowing the emergency recall is that going to be the case for the rest of the season? This isn't making sense to me.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019

Last year we had a great record too, but watching the games it was clear it was mostly bc Pp and shesty.

Why is it so bad to want this team to dominate games and 5 on 5 play? People are so up in arms about others wanting this team to play and look better. To not settle for mediocrity. I dont get it. And yes our play is mediocre no matter what our record says.

If we played like the devils or canes and had the same record as we do now, nobody would be bitching. Instead we routinely get outplayed but yet still do just enough to win. We are not playing to potential. Its obvious.

This is 100% true.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

This is just not true. There have been a majority of games where we have out chanced and outplayed teams so Im not buying it and our our analytics are far better than they were last year. Aside from the last 7-10 games they have played well for the most part.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Wait, how does this make sense? We only dressed 12/5 last night, shouldn't that have counted as the first emergency situation game?

If the reason we couldn't have an emergency call up for yesterday's game was bc the Philly game didn't count as an emergency bc the NHL deemed it our fault for being in the situation because we made the trade on the same day, then shouldn't yesterday's game then been considered an emergency situation bc Lindgren was hurt and Miller was suspended?

If they're still using the trade as a "they put themselves in that situation" justification for not allowing the emergency recall is that going to be the case for the rest of the season? This isn't making sense to me.
It's an emergency on D, so we can call up a defenseman I think. But we can't replace Motte yet.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

We play more like the Leafs and Lightning have in the regular season, which I prefer personally

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Amazing. Then after that they will find another reason to deny us the recall.

Although the Rangers are not blameless in this. How many games has Lindgren missed already? They could have put him on LTIR by now and made the callups themselves. Bunch of clowns running the organisation.
He's missed only 3 full games. They are probably not putting him on LTIR because he is going to be back soon. After they play the Bruins they will have 4 days off before Montreal so maybe he is back for that game. I think they know what they are doing when it comes to injuries. Miller spitting suspension really put them in a bind.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I dont immediately disagree with any of this. Kakko needs to start putting the puck in the net. I'm waiting for him to take the leap like Chytil did last year and he's still got time. But if it doesnt come, Brooks is not wrong in saying they could move some of the youth for similarly aged player that plays more straight ahead style.
If there was no cap and I didn’t have Patrick Kane and Vlad Tarasenko forcing their ways to NY to play right wing here id absolutely not entertain moving kakko. I like him alot. Solid player. But there’s no way I’d let him stand in the way of losing either of those guys while this window is open.

Tarasenko especially. I think he’s a perfect fit here. Need more guys that want to score goals and know how to do it

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
If there was no cap and I didn’t have Patrick Kane and Vlad Tarasenko forcing their ways to NY to play right wing here id absolutely not entertain moving kakko. I like him alot. Solid player. But there’s no way I’d let him stand in the way of losing either of those guys while this window is open.

Tarasenko especially. I think he’s a perfect fit here. Need more guys that want to score goals and know how to do it

Tarasenko and Kane can impact the game at a high level still, I dont care how old they are. Kakko is developing into a defensively responsible winger who scores at a middle 6 rate. I need to see more "Buchnevich" out of him down the stretch and in the playoffs before I declare him untouchable.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020

I agree with all of that. But, last night’s game without two of your top four defenseman and trying to fold Patrick Kane into the lineup on the back end of a B2B is not the game to make that point

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I agree with all of that. But, last night’s game without two of your top four defenseman and trying to fold Patrick Kane into the lineup on the back end of a B2B is not the game to make that point
Im not even counting last nights game. Thats an abberration.

Ive been saying this since basically november.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Hope we dont play like the leafs in postseason. Haha

The Leafs have at least built their team in the right way to have playoff success. The bounces have never been on their side, and i secretly hope it continues so we can laugh at them

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

As it pertains to the defense, I think they'll be eligible once they get back to their normal 6/7 D available (which should be the Montreal game since Miller will be back assuming no more injuries or suspensions.) The league looks at it as a reset back to normal while any lingering issues as of now are caused by the trade.

I'd assume as it pertains to the forwards, they'd be eligible for the Montreal game to recall someone since the Motte injury occurred post trade. That's my interpretation of this at least.

So sure seems like 11/5 again tomorrow.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I wonder if Motte is questioning why he has to pay union fees at this point? Two high hits in 2 weeks with no suspensions, incluing one that could end up being a long term injury, and nothing from them or player safety in support of him

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Are you a motivational speaker? 😂
Oh nooooo, not even close. Guess it sounded that way, huh? Just a Rangers lifer. After being through all of 50+ years of uneventful unmotivated losses, boring wins, many heartbreaks, crushing injuries (when we had an actual chance), great goaltending, Sam for many many years, being blacked out for games I really needed to see......OMG, I could go on and on. That was just off the top of my head. Oh and yeah, 1 lonely Cup, that needs a partner. But, I digress.

That post was just heartfelt. Just wish we didn't have to read the over the top negativity. I understand how this game goes. So do you, so do the majority. Win some, lose some. perfectly imperfect, similar to the refs calls. Isn't that life as we know it anyway?
I come here to chat with fellow Rangers fans, that keeps me in touch as I don't have but a few "real live" friends that share my love and loyalty to this team. I miss NY so very badly where I lived 35 years, 27 here in Florida now. I miss bumping into fans with their proudly donned NYR jerseys. This is all I have other than an occasional NYR/Panthers match up.
Nothing wrong with (I suppose) with having those negative feelings (hey, I get angry as well) but game in and game out it is the same ole' same ole' from the same ole' select few that bring me down. Oh well, sorry for the lecture.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Because our coach doesnt donstrategy. Or analytics or anything that i”resembles current hockey.

He is stuck in the past and its dragging the entire team down. Our record is better than we have actually played because we have a shitload of talent
Imagine if we had "Q". He would have a field day with this offensive talent AND have 2 of his boys awaiting. Maybe that's the next move?

• Wow
Reactions: duhmetreE

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Imagine if we had "Q". He would have a field day with this offensive talent AND have 2 of his boys awaiting. Maybe that's the next move?
In a vacuum, that's 100% the best move but it's more than that.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
So are we allowed an emergency call up or not in the season left remaining?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad