Post-Game Talk: PGT: Habs win and yes I did it early because.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yea but I don’t consider winning a game against one of the best teams in the league a garbage game. Beating Buffalo or Arizona is .
In this game we saw our first overall pick stand up to their abuse and give it back . Those things Cary to following years . This is where winning trends start .
Progression, there has been much of it this season.............................yes, it hurts the pick a bit, but so be it......this is a close group of kids....with a lot of pride, they want to win.
So, we still draft top 10 in June, so relax on the draft, and let the guys have some fun, winning!!

Slaf.............is proving everyone wrong, and what's not to love eh!!

Yea but I don’t consider winning a game against one of the best teams in the league a garbage game. Beating Buffalo or Arizona is .
In this game we saw our first overall pick stand up to their abuse and give it back . Those things Cary to following years . This is where winning trends start .
Progression, there has been much of it this season.............................yes, it hurts the pick a bit, but so be it......this is a close group of kids....with a lot of pride, they want to win.
So, we still draft top 10 in June, so relax on the draft, and let the guys have some fun, winning!!

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Beating them doesn't sit their asses down - we literally beat them in the playoffs with their best roster and they still shit talk.
The tears at the time were top tear though. I would like a small taste of that to satisfy my appetite.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Holy overreaction Batman. Scuffles and face-washing at the end of a tank season are nothing, when there is a real reason Arber will fight, I have no doubt.
So Ekblad going after a 1st overall pick and Cousins throwing a really late hit on a player that is one concussion away from retirement isn’t worth fighting for? Then what is? He has to wait until someone gets his neck broken?

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I had just watched the news in horror and randomly ended a post with a famous one-liner about freeing a certain people. I’ll stick to hockey when I come here, it’s why we are here!

It’s surprising how not being allowed to like Runner’s gdt’s is actually really hurting haha

IMG_2644.jpeg

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
So Ekblad going after a 1st overall pick and Cousins throwing a really late hit on a player that is one concussion away from retirement isn’t worth fighting for? Then what is? He has to wait until someone gets his neck broken?
A 1st overall pick is still just a hockey player and a big boy to boot. If teams know Arber is going to flip out every time someone gets hit, it becomes very easy to remove him from the game. Anderson standing there disinterested is more cause for upset, imo.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I am 100% with you on this, big fail there last night. I was equating the lack of policing with tight games and discipline; unless I am wrong he was totally on the ice when Evans went flying (didn’t he come in to handle the 3rd man in while Evans had to defend himself? gross.)

A 1st overall pick is still just a hockey player and a big boy to boot. If teams know Arber is going to flip out every time someone gets hit, it becomes very easy to remove him from the game. Anderson standing there disinterested is more cause for upset, imo.
5-2 game, watched his teammate get boarded on a late hit. I’ll judge Arber 100% on hockey skills moving forward (which are quite average), habs don’t have an enforcer anymore. That was as low hanging fruit an occasion as I can possibly imagine, sorry.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
But it’s not flipping out everytime is it. There’s a middle ground between doing it every game like he tried to before, and never doing it again like what he’s doing now.

Your discourse can be also interpreted that if he is never going to fight, then teams will always take liberties with our players.

Sorry, you made the NHL because you’re a really good pugilist with some upside. If you’re just Derian Hatcher with no intimidation, you’re fairly useless.

Also convenient to ignore the Cousins and Evans situation. How is a fight not merited there? Oft injured teammate taking a stupid late and dangerous hit from a POS that does this again and again. No lesson needed there?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I had just watched the news in horror and randomly ended a post with a famous one-liner about freeing a certain people. I’ll stick to hockey when I come here, it’s why we are here!

It’s surprising how not being allowed to like Runner’s gdt’s is actually really hurting haha

View attachment 845480
The fact that you mention it is probably Like enough for our buddy.
He's not really starving for likes. :laugh:

Reactions: Naslundforever

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

Exactly , when some posters say it’s same old same old , I don’t see someone who is 19 with so much talent and honestly a unicorn for a hockey player in the old .
I also think this play will make Hughes more confident to acquire that too 6 winger we need even if he overpays a little

Reactions: BLONG7

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
My PVR miss the last ~10min of the game… seem like I missed some stuff…

1st line did great
Slaf was very confident he is becoming dominant with is size and skills, creating space with is size and is passing, is release is quicker is feet are moving more and the scariest thing is that he can still progress.

It feel like every game lately I keep repeating that Armia was still one of our best player, scores, set up Newhook twice and had a 3rd chance him self, playing great on the PK, could have easily drawn a couple on penalties… I still think that people have always been way to harsh on him.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
My PVR miss the last ~10min of the game… seem like I missed some stuff…

1st line did great
Slaf was very confident he is becoming dominant with is size and skills, creating space with is size and is passing, is release is quicker is feet are moving more and the scariest thing is that he can still progress.

It feel like every game lately I keep repeating that Armia was still one of our best player, scores, set up Newhook twice and had a 3rd chance him self, playing great on the PK, could have easily drawn a couple on penalties… I still think that people have always been way to harsh on him.

I agrée , he went from being a liability with his play and contract to being a solid asset at the price .
Credit to him and to the management that has invested time and resources not only to develop the kids but all the players and we see many players taking a step forward ….. many then there is Anderson ahahah

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Ahh so that's what happened

Ekblad got hurt and the Panthers finished the game with 5 D's.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
But it’s not flipping out everytime is it. There’s a middle ground between doing it every game like he tried to before, and never doing it again like what he’s doing now.

Your discourse can be also interpreted that if he is never going to fight, then teams will always take liberties with our players.

Sorry, you made the NHL because you’re a really good pugilist with some upside. If you’re just Derian Hatcher with no intimidation, you’re fairly useless.

Also convenient to ignore the Cousins and Evans situation. How is a fight not merited there? Oft injured teammate taking a stupid late and dangerous hit from a POS that does this again and again. No lesson needed there?
If necessary yes, but I don't like to see the team depend on one player.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If necessary yes, but I don't like to see the team depend on one player.
The photo a couple of posts back clearly shows Evans already has that idiot Cousins in a headlock before Xhekaj arrives.
He's not going to wade in and start wailing away only to get tossed. I guarantee you our coaching staff wouldn't have looked too kindly on that.

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
The photo a couple of posts back clearly shows Evans already has that idiot Cousins in a headlock before Xhekaj arrives.
He's not going to wade in and start wailing away only to get tossed. I guarantee you our coaching staff wouldn't have looked kindly on that.
I really think that was a time to wail and get tossed because of the score and how dangerous that looked, but I watched the Good Friday Nords habs last week and my moral compass may be biased.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Look at that f***ing loser Ekblad wrapping his leg around Slaf like that WTF is that sore loser shit lol

The second it crossed my mind too you can see Nick pull his leg off with his stick lol gj Capt
He swipes it off first with his hand and then Ekblad wraps it back around Slaf then he uses his stick.
Slaf will probably appreciate that when he sees the footage.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I really think that was a time to wail and get tossed because of the score and how dangerous that looked, but I watched the Good Friday Nords habs last week and my moral compass may be biased.
I disagree Evans was fine and sticking up for himself. If Evans was hurt sure take him out.
Hockey players have long memories just ask Paul Byron.
There will be ample opportunity to remind Cousins of his sins next season.

So Arber jumps in as third man starts wailing away while Cousins turtles laughing his balls off.
You do understand that was Cousins intent all along right?

Fla. gets a 5 minute PP and Xhekaj gets a metro ticket back to Laval.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I disagree Evans was fine and sticking up for himself. If Evans was hurt sure take him out.
Hockey players have long memories just ask Paul Byron.
There will be ample opportunity to remind Cousins of his sins next season.

So Arber jumps in as third man starts wailing away while Cousins turtles laughing his balls off.
You do understand that was Cousins intent all along right?

Fla. gets a 5 minute PP and Xhekaj gets a metro ticket back to Laval.
Next year the games might actually matter though… In context it’s a meaningless late 3 goal game, a team in the playoffs vs a team eliminated…

Now if the habs punish their enforcer for enforcing that would be really weird and I don’t think that makes sense... They sent him down because he was taking minor penalties more often than I fart when I eat gluten on top of playing crap defence and costing games.

I get that he got into the scrum as 4th guy (he grabbed 3) and Evans had his guy in a headlock as you say so I get how it’s not like he got there as #3 with Cousins standing over Evan’s corpse ;)

I’m air-punching again haha

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Next year the games might actually matter though… In context it’s a meaningless late 3 goal game, a team in the playoffs vs a team eliminated…

Now if the habs punish their enforcer for enforcing that would be really weird and I don’t think that makes sense... They sent him down because he was taking minor penalties more often than I fart when I eat gluten on top of playing crap defence and costing games.

I get that he got into the scrum as 4th guy (he grabbed 3) and Evans had his guy in a headlock as you say so I get how it’s not like he got there as #3 with Cousins standing over Evan’s corpse ;)

I’m air-punching again haha
If you think the punishment would be for enforcing you've missed my point entirely.
The Florida Panthers could do a lot of damage with a five minute man advantage.
If you watched the game you couldn't help but see how pumped the coaching staff was.
The Evans hit was more noise than anything else.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad