Post-Game Talk: PGT: Habs win and yes I did it early because.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
If you think the punishment would be for enforcing you've missed my point entirely.
well… “Fla. gets a 5 minute PP and Xhekaj gets a metro ticket back to Laval.” reads like getting punished for enforcing to me.

The game was meaningless, I’d agree with you (more) next year with playoffs on the line though.

Reactions: Habs13

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
The game was NOT MEANINGLESS to the coaching staff and the players.
It was, though and out of reach; if my compass is off, it means enforcing is a thing of the past (which might be fine, but that was the one moment that seemed an obvious opportunity out of every Xjekaj fights I can remember).

I swear some prefer losing but having 4 fights per night than winning.
If you are referencing me you are posturing

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
if the shoe fits.
Early to troll? I’ll give you attention I guess…

I do not prefer fights to wins, I am referencing ONE non-fight in the most obvious, meaningless, blown out game where a guy got run with the enforcer standing there.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010

I do not prefer fights to wins, I am referencing ONE non-fight in the most obvious, meaningless, blown out game where a guy got run with the enforcer standing there.
Do something bro. Get evicted, leave lasting memories on Cousin’s face, it’s your job.

View attachment 845486

edit - also my like button works again woot!

Who's trolling? In your own post, you can see there's no way for Arber to "leave lasting memories on Cousins' face" as he's in a headlock with Evans and the ref is right there.

Cousins' game was done after that, would you have wanted Arber to meet him in the parking lot after the game?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

But this is just not what happened tho

From eeeeeverything I've read about this whole situation
People are looking for Xhekaj to be some kind of WILD ANIMAL who fights at any given notice and is ok getting kicked out of games as long as he MAULED somebody and people won't be happy unless there's this crazed look in his eyes and blood in his teeth like..
It ain't the 80's and 90's no more...

I really can't believe there's being made this big a deal out of Arber not maniacally losing his mind..

A fight here and there? OK np, but a fight everytime a guy touches another guy, while especially the guy in question is already embarrassingly cowering and getting owned by the recipient

Xhekaj flew RIGHT in and kept Bennet off of them both, in my view he completely did his job

People forget every single fight, is a chance to break a finger, break a hand, or worst dislocate his shoulder and end your season like last year..
Let him finish the year healthy for the even more important year next year

Let him be tough the way he is, we were in NO WAY 'manhandled 'out there , we handled every dirty thing they threw at us PLUS beat em on the scoreboard too

Way too much over such a small thing imo
If Evans had been wheeled out of there, only then I'd understand people needing some kind of vengeance

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Who's trolling? In your own post, you can see there's no way for Arber to "leave lasting memories on Cousins' face" as he's in a headlock with Evans and the ref is right there.

Cousins' game was done after that, would you have wanted Arber to meet him in the parking lot after the game?
I was actually proud for Evans to be fair, between standing up for himself and scoring; he got some swag this week. I still wished they would have tagged out, and I really mean in this specific situation, despite the consequences.

But this is just not what happened tho

From eeeeeverything I've read about this whole situation
People are looking for Xhekaj to be some kind of WILD ANIMAL who fights at any given notice and is ok getting kicked out of games as long as he MAULED somebody and people won't be happy unless there's thus crazed look in his eyes and blood in his teeth like..
It ain't the 80's and 90's no more...

I really can't believe there's being made this big a deal out of Arber not manically losing his mind..

A fight here and there? OK np, but a fight everytime a guy touches another guy, while especially the guy in question is already embarrassingly cowering and getting owned by the recipient

Xhekaj flew RIGHT in and kept Bennet off of them both, in my view he completely did his job

People forget every single fight, is a chance to break a finger, break a hand, or worst dislocate his shoulder and end your season like last year..
Let him finish the year healthy for the coven more important year next year

Let him be tough the way he is, we were in NO WAY 'manhandled 'out there , we handled every dirty thing they threw at us PLUS beat em on the scoreboard too

Way too much over such a small thing imo
If Evans had been wheeled out of there, only then I'd understand people needing some kind of vengeance
It was really this specific opportunity, I like the new disciplined Arber. Hugging the 3rd man (Bennett) was indeed the go-to thing to do normally.

Reactions: Redux91 and bcv

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I agree but I really want to start thrashing them the first time we play them in a season not the last.
Yeah nah, it's always a good time to beat the snot out that team of tossers. It could be pre-season and I'd want to crush them. Some teams in some sports I want to always top,Those smug arrogant Leafs are my choice for NHL hockey.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I was actually proud for Evans to be fair, between standing up for himself and scoring; he got some swag this week. I still wished they would have tagged out, and I really mean in this specific situation, despite the consequences.
Evans has shown me three things this season
- he's capable of playing on the third line, even if he's best on the fourth
- he can cycle decently
- he is looking more durable, and to your point, a little more gritty as he's taken on the bigger role. I think he's been encouraged to stand up for himself more because his teammates got his back.

A lot of this shows MSL's ability to help players improve, but also how a lot of NHLers would get better if they could just the icetime, which is something that is so hard to earn. A good little example is Dale Weise, who had a year of being dutch gretzky that in turn allowed him to have a bigger NHL role than he'd ever get otherwise.

The injuries this year sucked but the bright side is a lot of the depth guys got to improve after being challenged by bigger roles.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad