Prospect Info: Peyton Krebs, Centre, 17th Overall, 2019

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Man this kid is a pleasure to watch. I posted on the Habs board that he reminds me of Brendan Gallagher. A bigger Gallagher with better vision and passing that plays center. He looks like he could hop into the NHL right now. Vegas has a beauty here.

He lived with the Stones while rehabbing last fall. He already had a lot of that to his game but you can tell he's been a big influence as a mentor.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
He lived with the Stones while rehabbing last fall. He already had a lot of that to his game but you can tell he's been a big influence as a mentor.
Did not realize that...very cool!

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I wanted Krebs for my Habs but we couldn't pass on Cole so I'm happy. Vegas has fast become my second favorite team. You will love this kid. cant believe he fell there. Lot of dumb teams.

Probably teams questioning his offensive upside. Seems like a legit question. Good player, but worth a top 10 pick? I think he will be a quality middle 6 forward, and prefer to go for higher upside guys in that range.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Probably teams questioning his offensive upside. Seems like a legit question. Good player, but worth a top 10 pick? I think he will be a quality middle 6 forward, and prefer to go for higher upside guys in that range.

Wasn't Krebs potentially going to go in the top 6 or 7 overall of the draft before he got his injury? I can't say that I've seen a lot of him other than the world jrs going on now and he looks like he could be a top 6 player. I feel like vgk has to nail the guys they draft as they have traded a lot of early round draft picks and two of their top 3 prospects from their first rookie draft chasing a cup.

Sean Couturier went from 1st overall ranking in his draft year to ending up getting drafted eighth because his offensive skills got questioned a bit and was projected to be an ok 2nd line center if I remember correctly so these kids can turn it around. (I hope)

My girlfriend was a bit annoyed with the weekly vgk show (last season) showing Krebs' sister and her music career and very little about Krebs when they profiled him. It seemed like it was the same when he was drafted.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad