Pettersson vs. Hischier

Who will be better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Here's my unbiased opinion. Last year's draft seemed weak at the time. I never thought Hischier or Patrick were going to be as good as the players usually drafted #1 and #2, but I liked Hischier more than Patrick. When it came to Pettersson, up until a few weeks ago, I thought he was a bit overhyped after his SHL season, but I was wrong. He's a special player. Not too long ago, my opinion was that Hischier would end up being the better player, but I changed my mind after seeing Pettersson play. Also, at least some of Hischier's production was influenced by Hall's monster season. I don't know. I think that Pettersson will end up being the better player, even though Hischier is a beast defensively. Pettersson just has so much upside. I'm kind of like Pronman when I rate players, as I see more value in an offensively gifted player, than a two-way player who produces very good (but not great) offense.
Unbiased? You're a Rangers fan and it just so happened that two of your biggest rivals picked one and two...

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Unbiased? You're a Rangers fan and it just so happened that two of your biggest rivals picked one and two...
I knew someone would say that, but that truly has nothing to do with it. I was thinking this before the draft even happened. I mean, it’s no secret that Hischier and Patrick are nowhere near McDavid/Matthews/Eichel/Laine level. And lol “biggest rivals.” You wish. The Islanders are our biggest rivals, and I consider Barzal to be one of the best players in the NHL. No bias here. I’m a hockey fan first.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
They're both good.
Yeah I figured it was in that way but I thought you were basing your decision using that analogy, which effectively means they're exactly the same.

But I wondered if having the solid 'nickel' meant there were some holes in Pettersson's game or something that dissuaded you from him. Hischier more 'solid' and 'complete' as a player.

You never know with this site. I would agree, they're going to have similar careers, though I think Pettersson puts up more points in the long run.

Reactions: kanetoews1988

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Yeah I figured it was in that way but I thought you were basing your decision using that analogy, which effectively means they're exactly the same.

But I wondered if having the solid 'nickel' meant there were some holes in Pettersson's game or something that dissuaded you from him. Hischier more 'solid' and 'complete' as a player.

You never know with this site. I would agree, they're going to have similar careers, though I think Pettersson puts up more points in the long run.
No haha there was no double meaning. But I definitely see how you could've thought that.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Sound a little insecure

You know I am correct. You haven't seen him play .

why?

out side of Heicher being more proven, his skill is not even on the same planet as Pettersson. People see that, and the comments in this thread, his thread, Marnver vs Pettersson threads proves it.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
If Pettersson is for real and not just of to a hot start, it has to be him. This kid makes something happen literally every single time he touches the puck; it's absolutely unreal to watch. IMO, he'll end up a top 10 player in the NHL within a couple years.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

why?

out side of Heicher being more proven, his skill is not even on the same planet as Pettersson. People see that, and the comments in this thread, his thread, Marnver vs Pettersson threads proves it.
Wrongly spelling Hischier's and Marner's name really give an impression, you know, what you are talking about. :laugh:

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017

why?

You are not correct actually, you just made an assumption because you didn't like my answer. They're both good, and yeah Pettersen has higher offensive potential. But who are you to say their skill isnt "in the same planet", they're both extremely skilled. Pettersen a little more so than hischier, but they arent far off. Lastly, no one right now knows the answer to this and probably wont for a couple years.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
You are not correct actually, you just made an assumption because you didn't like my answer. They're both good, and yeah Pettersen has higher offensive potential. But who are you to say their skill isnt "in the same planet", they're both extremely skilled. Pettersen a little more so than hischier, but they arent far off. Lastly, no one right now knows the answer to this and probably wont for a couple years.

You said yourself Petterson has a higher offensive potential. We'll know the answer by this year, just compare them both at the end of 82 games.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Hischier hasn't been racking up the points. Partially because of bad luck and partially because of lack of finish but he is playing elite hockey at both ends of the rink. His High Danger Chances for and against is something like 13-2. No coincidence Palmieri is having a career year with Hischier as a center. Kid does just about everything right and is impactful. He also draws an insane amount of penalties. The finish will come. Pettersson seems to be well ahead in that area. His overall game though looks like it just keeps taking big steps forwards every 20-30 games. It is fun to watch.

Having said all that, Pettersson has some amazing skills. Hope he comes back 100% and soon.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

why?

Do you ever get tired of embarrassing the Canucks fan base?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
EP all day, way more dynamic and skilled.

Hischier is RNH 2.0 or maybe RNH 1.1, decent player but not a gamebreaker like EP.

Hischier will be much better than RNH right now.

Its still Petterson though, his skill is incredible might be top 5 in the league already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad