Confirmed with Link: Pettersson Signs 8 Year Deal with the Vancouver Canucks, AAV $11.6M

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What's particularly disappointing isn't the offense drying up, but it's his play in his own zone. Sometimes his stick seems like a wet noodle in his hands. Some of the giveaways are truly cringe-worthy.

Fans keep waiting for a Pettersson renaissance. And there better be one on the horizon, otherwise that $11m contract could become an albatross.

Reactions: DarrenX

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
It's becoming clear that Pettersson needs quality wingers to produce. He played his best hockey when paired with Miller, Boeser and even Kuzmenko. Hoglander could turn into one of those types someday but Mikheyev and Lafferty are not going to cut it. Unfortunately being paid $11.6 million should be reserved for star players who make others better like Hughes, no matter who they play with.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Sorry but when you come out and say you are only signing with a team with a "chance to win" and then get a huge payday that soaks up a huge percentage of the available cap of that team with "a chance to win" you better get your shit together and fast! This ain't a charity!

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
It's becoming clear that Pettersson needs quality wingers to produce. He played his best hockey when paired with Miller, Boeser and even Kuzmenko. Hoglander could turn into one of those types someday but Mikheyev and Lafferty are not going to cut it. Unfortunately being paid $11.6 million should be reserved for star players who make others better like Hughes, no matter who they play with.
Too bad he didn't leave a couple of bucks on the table to help the team get some "quality wingers"......

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
His play was concerning before the contract extension but went to absolute shit after the extension.

I genuinely do not think he wants to be here. Was pressured by media, management, teams and fans to sign and is unhappy.

Buy out candidate in 4 years.

AMEN! A 11.6 M dollar player should make players around him better or he shouldn't be making 11.6 M.

Their was a play lastnight in the 2nd when he lost a puck battle to Schenn and as the play went back to our zone he was standing in the corner staring at the sky.

He is lost. Other than PDG and HOG, EP was our worst forward lastnight.

I am happy so many of you are waking up.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenningHurtsMySoul

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
You know you’re about to read some shit when you see this:
IMG_5924.jpeg

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
It's all mental, not physical. You can tell by his body language.

He has no confidence right now. 2 on 0 or 2 on 1 I guarantee you he's passing the puck .
He might have something nagging, but I agree with you. Mostly mental, he's just in a bad stretch and can't seem to connect with any line mate for very long. He'll come out of it, hopefully at the right time.

Reactions: Nucker101

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I don’t think he’s injured, I think he’s mentally weak.

He's so obviously injured and it's the damn wrist again.

His strengths were his shot and ability to use his stick to disrupt plays in the defensive zone using his stick. I can understand criticism surrounding him looking mentally dejected right now and it may be warranted but there's a causation but bottom line is he doesn't have the strength right now with his arm to do the things he excelled at most.

Again, it doesn't excuse him on many plays where he just gives up.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Pettersson has looked off ever since he got hit by that Myers shot in front of the net. His timing is delayed, he whiffs on shots, he overthinks passing routes etc.

I don't know what it is, but he's prone to long stretches of ineffective play. Been this way his entire career outside of the rookie year. You can't have that in a $11.6 million cap hit.

Amazing player when he's on, but he's not the driver on the team.

Reactions: Kryten

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Judging from the comments one would have thought that the Canucks lost Game 1 and Petey was to blame.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Not really.

He just has not played to his usual standrads for a couple of months.

Judging from the comments one would have thought that the Canucks lost Game 1 and Petey was to blame.
It is the natural trajectory of a Canucks prospect.

It had reached the final phase where people only see the flaws.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad