Injury Report: Pettersson out for at least another week

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

Speculation is it could be a wrist injury. Wouldn't be surprised if he had been battling it all season considering his puck control was nowhere near what it normally was

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If this is a wrist issue, I won’t be totally shocked if Petey gets shut down and has surgery. The news was day to day, and now week to week.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Better be just a week. If this is more serious than they are letting on and keep pushing it by a week that's not good at all.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
The Canucks have a game Wed and another on Sat. If the Canucks manage to sneak out another win there's less urgency to get Petey back. Hope he's ok.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Thats too bad hes a really good player, hope is back soon

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
^why would they announce to the whole league what kind of injury petey has? the tkachuks of the world will just target that injury during play. R fans really gonna lose sleep over not knowing peteys exact injury?

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
He should take as long as he needs to get over the injury and maybe even a little more if need be. Even though the Canucks have won the last 3, they're still way too far behind to make the playoffs. If it needs surgery then get it over with early and give him as much time as possible to get it right for next season. I'll be pissed if they bring him back early because certain people want to keep their jobs.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
from day to day to "at least another week"

basically it's a win win I guess. If we are team tank, you don't want to see him back. If you want to make the playoffs we would like to see him back, personally I rather him be playing, but I am also tank, but who knows. Canucks fans left in limbo right now.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
from day to day to "at least another week"

basically it's a win win I guess. If we are team tank, you don't want to see him back. If you want to make the playoffs we would like to see him back, personally I rather him be playing, but I am also tank, but who knows. Canucks fans left in limbo right now.

Might also help in long term contract negotiations? Young people tend to think they are super man until they get hurt and their bodies don't heal as fast as they anticipated.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
^why would they announce to the whole league what kind of injury petey has? the tkachuks of the world will just target that injury during play. R fans really gonna lose sleep over not knowing peteys exact injury?

This.

Front office lying about injuries is fine. Not sure how the vegas odds makers feel about it.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
No one else is mad that front office just lies to fans?
Not all individuals heal the same. Not all injuries are the same.

Some people get what seems like a severe injury and they wake up the next day and are a little sore but can play through it. Others get a minor injury that seems like it’ll heal by dinner time but it’s something that sticks with them for the rest of their lives.

Not sure why this has to explained.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad